It’s almost Valentine’s Day, and that means you’re probably thinking about ways to spoil your partner. This year consider making our Love Potion cocktail. Citrus flavors and red wine are reminiscent of sangria — with a minty twist!
How to Make Our Love Potion Cocktail
With our Love Potion cocktail, ingredients are easy to find. Plus, it’s a tasty way to make Valentine’s Day (or any time of the year!) special. This drink is a twist on a traditional sangria and uses fresh fruit to add flavor.
Either surprise your significant other by making this or take the time to make these together. It’s romantic to spend time together in the kitchen. Plus, this drink recipe is a breeze to make!
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Makes 4 Valentine’s Day cocktails
Ingredients to Make our Valentine’s Day Drink
- 2 cups red wine (or white if you choose)
- 1 cup each of orange soda and lemon soda
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- apple, diced
- peach, diced
- citrus slices (choose your own fruits)
- ice (optional)
Instructions for Love Potion Drink Recipe
- Use a bottle or pitcher to prepare and mix your Valentine’s cocktail.
- Dice the apple and peach into small pieces so that they fit into the neck of your bottle. You could substitute bananas or pears if you don’t want to use the apple or peach.
- Slice the citrus fruits, and add them to the bottle.
- Lightly press the mint leaves and add them to the bottle.
- Add the wine and sodas to the fruit mixture.
- Chill in the refrigerator for two hours or more.
- Taste the mixture, and add more or fewer ingredients to your liking and taste.
- Refrigerate for another two hours to let the fruit soak in the wine and soda further.
- When ready to serve, pour into glasses, add ice, and garnish with a mint sprig.
CherithThis looks so tasty! Can’t wait to try it!! Thanks so much for sharing.
KristinWell that sounds yummy! Wonderful to hop with you today!
CattOh this drink looks so, so pretty and perfect for a Galentine’s Day brunch. Silly question since I’m not much of a soda drinker – can Sprite be used for lemon soda?
Freya FreyaSuch a lovely cocktail, actually perfect for all year round too!
FreyaThe perfect valentines cocktail, but perfect for anytime of the year!
SaïdaThis looks delicious! Indeed perfect for sharing with a loved one.
JenniferIt will give it a slightly different flavor, but yes!
OlgaI love red wine so much. I think this cocktail is very tasty and refreshing. Thank you for the idea!
ClaraThis looks like a deliciously romantic cocktail. The color is amazing, and the ingredients are tasty. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Gervin KhanThat is so pretty and looks delicious. I can’t wait to try this on Valentine’s Day!
Eileen M LoyaI am definitely making this cocktail for Valentine’s day. It looks so refreshing. Love the color too. Perfect for the occasion.
WanderlustBeautyDreamsThis drink looks so divine! I will for sure be trying this drink out. I love the bottle and cups you used as well.
Ntensibe EdgarHihi….this is a really good-looking potion of a cocktail! I am definitely recommending it to Edwin!
Manali OzaLove potion cocktail! Sounds like the perfect drink for Valentine’s Eve. Thanks for sharing!
Knycx JourneyingThe vibrant color is truly “enchanting” and it’s a perfect drink for valentine’s day, thanks a lot for the introduction!