It’s time to get festive and think about your Christmas cocktails. And if you haven’t planned one already, our Cranberry Popcorn Garland Sangria is a unique taste for the holidays. It’s simple to make, too!
Whether or not you ever made a popcorn and cranberry garland for your Christmas tree, you’ve probably seen it before. It’s fun to make, and it’s a holiday tradition from long ago.
Our recipe is an original that takes holiday tree decor — cranberries, popcorn, and oranges — and turns it into a flavorful Christmas cocktail. Red wine makes this festive drink perfect for the holiday season.
Ingredients for Our Christmas Sangria Cocktail
This holiday cocktail recipe makes two drinks. Feel free to adjust the quantity depending on how many Christmas drinks you would like to make.
- quarter cup fresh cranberries
- quarter cup plain popped popcorn
- half cup orange juice
- 1 cup red wine (ours was from Cuda Ridge Wines)
- 2 glass measures with pour spouts
- spoon or another device to mash cranberries
- glasses for serving
How to Make Cranberry Popcorn Garland Sangria
- Clean your cranberries, and pop the popcorn.
- Place cranberries and popcorn into a glass measurer with a pour spout.
- Reserve 2-3 berries per glass of sangria as garnish.
- Add orange juice.
- Use the spoon to mash everything together. The popcorn will melt, and you will need to crush the berries.
- Pour the liquid through a stranger into the second glass measure.
- Use the spoon to squeeze the excess liquid out of the mash.
- Throw away the extra cranberry popcorn mash.
- Pour 1/2 cup of wine into each glass.
- Next, pour 1/2 of the orange juice, cranberry, and popcorn liquid into each glass.
- Top with fresh cranberries.
- Serve and enjoy!
Final Results of Our Christmas Cocktail
What a festive and fun drink. And popcorn? It’s definitely a unique take on an ingredient for holiday cocktails. If you want to see how to make our cranberry popcorn strand garnish, see our next post (coming Christmas Eve!).
There is so much more to see of this gorgeous, Christmas wedding. Don’t miss it!
Virginia Christmas Wedding Vendors:
- Virginia Wedding Photographer – Amative Creative
- Wedding Venue – bride’s family farm
- Florist – Fleur by Heather
- Dress & Jacket – Celebration Bridal & Tux
- Hair – BJohn Beauty
- Makeup – Ashley Ancheta
- Table Styling – Max & Dexter Event Design
- Cake – Suzy Q Etc
- Drinks & Bridal Hairpiece – Hill City Bride
- Santa – Santa in Central VA
Megan ElliottOh yum! I absolutely loveee Sangria and the idea of pairing it with such a festive garnish is perfect! I also love the idea of putting popcorn in it. There’s a wine in Napa that’s my very favorite and it literally tastes like buttered popcorn. This is right up my alley! Definitely need to try.