Sangria recipes are refreshing, fruity drinks that can be made in a variety of ways. Our Strawberry Lemonade Sangria recipe is perfect for a signature cocktail, wedding shower, or date night. It’s lovely and simple to make any time of the year. P.S. It’s tasty, too!
Our post contains affiliate links, and purchases help our blog grow. Thank you!
What is sangria?
Sangria recipes are fairly popular because they’re a delicious combination of fresh fruit and wine. The original concept hails from Spain. However, the rules are pretty flexible as far as how you make it. You can use just about any type of wine. Red, white, and rose are all appropriate.
There are a few common ingredients in a sangria recipe. Consequently, if you’re making some at home, a typical sangria includes the following.
- Sweetener (examples: sugar, simple syrup)
- Slices or chunks of fruit (examples: berries, citrus, and apples)
- Sparkling water or club soda
- Fruity alcohol (examples: schnapps, flavored vodka, cognac, brandy)
Simple Strawberry Lemonade Sangria Recipe
Ingredients for Strawberry Sangria with Lemon
The recipe below makes one glass, so feel free to adjust our strawberry sangria red wine recipe as needed.
For Strawberry Lemonade Sangria
- 1/2 cup red wine, chilled
- 1/8 cup ginger ale at room temperature (or seltzer if you don’t want the sweetness of soda)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (either fresh squeezed or bottled)
- 1 Tbsp strawberry jelly (or jam)
- 2 strawberries, sliced or chopped
To Garnish Sparkling Strawberry Sangria
- 1/2 strawberry
- lemon slice
Process for Strawberry Sangria Red Wine Drink
- In a vessel (a Pyrex glass measure works great!) combine the ginger ale, jelly, and lemon juice.
- Stir until the jelly is thoroughly mixed.
- Place chopped berries into a glass.
- Pour the ginger ale mixture on top of the berries.
- Then pour the red wine into the glass (use more or less if desired).
- Stir, if desired, although pouring should stir the sangria recipe enough.
- Garnish with lemon slice and strawberry.
- Serve and enjoy!
Sangria Recipe Modifications
- Strawberry Wine Sangria – For more strawberry flavor, replace the red wine with strawberry wine for a delicious take. This is perfect if you adore berries!
- Sparkling Strawberry Sangria – If you truly want your drink to sparkle, use 1/2 red wine and 1/2 club soda. A 1:1 ratio would work well instead of the recommended amounts above for a fizzier cocktail.
- Simply Raspberry Lemonade Sangria – Not keen on strawberries, or want a more flavorful berry? Substitute raspberries for strawberries instead for a delicious raspberry lemonade sangria beverage.
- Pink Lemonade Sangria – Skip the lemon juice and ginger ale, and use 1/4 cup pink lemonade instead. It will be a tad sweeter, but oh so delicious! Pink lemonade sangria would be perfect for a summer wedding shower.
Result of our Strawberry Sangria with Lemon Recipe
- Concept and Implementation – Hill City Bride
- Photography – Jae Studios
- Planning and Styling – Ashley Rose Events
- Venue – 174 Norfolk
- Model – Chandler Gesino