Valentine’s Day is one of the best holidays. After all, focusing on love is what do. If you’ve been eying DIY farmhouse stacked books, we have a perfect homemade gift for you. Once you learn how to make stamped books, you can make them as a gift or as Valentine decor. Either way, book stack decor is a trend we wholeheartedly approve of!
Why make stamped books?
Well, for one making stamped book stacks is simple and inexpensive. Plus, farmhouse stacked books are on-trend and oh so cute! Of course, stamped books make adorable gifts or can be used as home decor in a bedroom or living room.
You can make farmhouse books for your sweetie or just about anyone to brighten their Valentine’s Day. Ours say “hugs and kisses,” but there are other stamped book sayings that you could use to show love. With each of the phrases below, place one word on each book.
Valentine’s Day Stamped Book Sayings
- hugs and kisses
- I love you
- me plus you
- me + you
- forever and always
- I heart you
- our love shines
- x’s and o’s
Can you think of any other stamped book sayings appropriate for Valentine’s Day? No matter what you choose, book stack decor is a sweet touch to your home. Once you know how to make farmhouse book stacks, you can make them for just about any occasion.
How to Make Stamped Books for Valentine’s Day
Supplies for Stamped Book Stacks
- 3 hardcover books
- silk flowers in shades of red and pink
- 2 coordinating ribbons (we used pink grosgrain and black gingham)
- acrylic craft paint in white, ivory, and light gray
- alphabet letter stamps
- black ink pad
- white small shipping tag
- red marker
- wire cutters
Instructions for Valentine DIY Farmhouse Stacked Books
- Get your supplies together.
- Remove the dust covers from the books and set them aside or discard them.
- Mix your ivory and white paint, and use it to base coat the hardcover of the book.
- Don’t feel like you have to be perfect and allow the book cover to peek through to have a vintage look.
- Set aside to dry.
- Dry brush the light gray acrylic paint on the sides and edges of the books. This is to mimic wear and tear. Therefore place the paint in areas that would receive wear, such as the binding and edges.
- Set aside to dry.
- Use both uppercase and lowercase letters from the alphabet stamp set to spell out “hugs and kisses.” Using a variety of letter stamps for books creates a cute, handcrafted vibe.
- Place your painted, dry books spine side up.
- Tap each of the alphabet letter stamps onto the ink pad, and stamp them onto the book one letter at a time. They don’t need to be perfectly stamped or straight as irregularities add to the farmhouse feel.
- Take the small shipping label, and write XOXO in red marker on the tag. If you aren’t confident in your handwriting, you could use the alphabet stamps for books instead.
- Stack the stamped books on top of each other in the proper order, and wrap them with both ribbons.
- Tie the ribbons together in a knot on top of the farmhouse books.
- Leave the tails long, and cut a notch into each of the ends.
- To finish your farmhouse book stack, use wire cutters to cut blossoms from your silk flowers.
- Tuck flower bunches underneath your knot in a way that looks pleasing to you.
- Thread gingham ribbon through the XOXO gift tag, and secure to the knot.
Finished Valentine’s Day Stamped Book Stacks
Now that you know how to make farmhouse books, you can give them to your sweetie on Valentine’s Day. Stamped books would also be adorable at a wedding with your names on them. So cute!
Learning how to stamp painted books with alphabet letter stamps is so easy. It’s forgiving, too! That’s one fabulous thing about farmhouse style—it’s meant to look handmade.
Love Valentine farmhouse books? Save it!
Now that you know how to make book stacks, save this for future reference. Our simple, inexpensive farmhouse books are a fun addition to anyone’s Valentine’s Day decor. Whether you decide to keep this stack of stamped books or give them away, they’ll be appreciated by all this February 14th.