Do you want to make a few food swaps in the New Year? Well, get started early with these festive vegan Christmas cupcakes. They’re an adorable addition to your wedding reception or trade your cake for these cuties. Consequently, pass this recipe on to your caterer, make them yourself, or serve them during the holiday season. The choice is yours!
Why Choose Vegan Christmas Cupcakes?
Many guests have allergies, and several may be on a vegetarian or vegan diet. Offering vegan vanilla cupcakes is an alternative that can satisfy everyone. And what they lack in animal products, these vegan cupcakes make up for in taste. In fact, your cake artist can even use this recipe.
If you’re worried about how to make homemade cupcakes, never fear. However, these are also simple enough to make for showers or to take to a Christmas party. At home, you can transform these small-batch cupcakes with vegan cupcake frosting to delight everyone. They also make adorable, edible gifts.
Making Elegant Christmas Cupcakes
Makes: 12 cupcakes
Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for Healthy Vegan Cupcakes
- 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup of non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup of chickpea egg (1 tbsp chickpea flour + 3 tbsp water)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- white sprinkles
Ingredients for Vegan Cupcake Frosting
- 6 Tbsp vegan butter
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tsp non-dairy milk (almond, soy, coconut, and oat are good examples)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp green food coloring
- 1 tsp red food coloring
How to Make Homemade Christmas Cupcakes
- Preheat your oven to 350º F.
- Then, while it is heating, line a muffin tin with 12 baking cups.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir the dry ingredients together.
- Afterward, carefully add in the wet ingredients to the dry.
- Then gently whisk everything together until combined well. Don’t stir too long!
- Scoop the batter into the lined muffin tin. Then fill each cup 2/3 of the way full, and fill each cupcake mold evenly.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and set aside for them to cool down.
How to Make Vegan Cupcake Frosting
- While the cupcakes are baking and cooling, you can make the buttercream. Use a blender to cream the vegan butter.
- Turn the mixer on low and slowly add powdered sugar with the motor running. Then scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Once the powdered sugar is well incorporated, add non-dairy milk and vanilla extract.
- Next, beat until combined.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, pipe the buttercream onto the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle lightly with white sprinkles.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
The Final Vegan Christmas Cupcakes Design
Aren’t these cute and festive? Now you know how to make homemade cupcakes. Therefore you can wow your partner with them. Plus, healthy vegan cupcakes—no milk—are perfect for the holidays.
If you’re more creative, you can even alter your Christmas cupcakes design to be more detailed. However, these are just perfect with the sprinkles and piped frosting. Also, no extra decorations are needed.
Want to make small batch cupcakes? Then save it!
If you like then you shoulda put a pin on it! Therefore, do so. This is a fabulous recipe to save, and you can use it at any time of year.
In fact, all you need to do is change the color of icing. However, you can also use colored or themed sprinkles to personalize these vegan cupcakes even more.