Peanut brittle recipes can be really involved. In fact, I used to make this one while slaving over a hot stove with a kitchen thermometer. However, this peanut brittle microwave recipe is one of the easiest around. I made a few batches of gourmet peanut brittle as wedding favors for my daughter’s rehearsal dinner. Simple and tasty!
Easy Peanut Brittle Recipe Without Candy Thermometer
For years I used a buttery peanut brittle recipe that was tried and true, but it took forever. On the stovetop, it took 45 minutes to an hour to make just one batch.
Having an easy peanut brittle recipe without candy thermometers was a lifesaver. It’s quick and easy, and super tasty. Everyone I’ve made it for really loves it!
Take a peek at the wedding favors we made with this adapted old fashioned peanut brittle recipe. They made such a cute addition!
A peanut brittle microwave recipe is perfect to make as rehearsal dinner or wedding favors.
Peanut Brittle Microwave Recipe
Gourmet Peanut Brittle Ingredients
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (use up to 1/2 teaspoon if you like it saltier, but I normally use salted nuts and skip the salt)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1.5 cups lightly salted peanuts (you can really use any nut)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Plus, you will also need:
- You will also need a flat surface to place the peanut brittle (like a cookie sheet).
- I normally cover my surface with parchment paper.
- Have handy 2 forks, too.
A buttery peanut brittle recipe—microwave needed—is simple and tasty.
Peanut Brittle Recipe Microwave Instructions
- In a 2-quart glass measuring cup (I use the Pampered Chef batter bowl) combine sugar, corn syrup, and salt.
- Stir until sugar is moistened.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Stir in butter and nuts.
- Return to microwave for 4 1/2 minutes.
- The mixture should be thick, bubbly, and pale brown. It will be hot, so use the handle of the bowl and/or an oven mitt… hot hot hot!!
- Stir in vanilla and baking soda (it will make a fizzing sound and cause the mixture to lose a little air).
- Pour onto your prepared flat surface immediately.
- Spread it as flat and even as possible using the two forks (pulling at it to increase the surface area it covers).
- Let stand for about 20 minutes (sometimes I put it into the fridge).
- When it is cool break it into bite-sized pieces … yum!
- Store the gourmet peanut brittle in an airtight container.
Make an easy peanut brittle recipe without candy thermometers. Such a time saver!
Peanut Brittle Microwave Recipe Adaptations
If you enjoy a soft peanut brittle recipe, all you have to do is microwave it for less time. Instead of 4 1/4 minutes during the second microwaving, try 4 minutes. If it’s still too hard, try 3 1/2 minutes the following time.
Figuring out your appliance is just as important as perfecting peanut brittle recipes in the microwave.
How to Make Microwave Peanut Brittle by hillcitybride on Jumprope.
I hope that you all enjoy this recipe for microwave peanut brittle. Yay for yummy, homemade candy! It seems hard but is super easy.
Oh, and feel free to substitute any kind of nut instead of peanuts. A nut mix would be fun for truly gourmet peanut brittle. Enjoy! We love DIYs – take a peek at some of our other ideas here.