If you love a certain color, sometimes it is nice to think about it in a different way. Honestly, I would not have thought of accenting a dusty blue wedding color palette with burgundy, mint, and peach, but it all works together flawlessly. Add in the stunning backdrop of the Virginia mountains, and you have a beautifully memorable event!
Using Something Blue in a Unique Way
When you adore a hue, sometimes you just need to think about it in a new way! Dusty blue can be considered a neutral – after all, does anything not match the sky? It’s an interesting way to think about it.
The tone was used in the groomsmen’s blue suits and the napkins in the reception. It looks lovely paired with the other colors – pops of dark burgundy and the softer hues of mint and peach. It’s such a gorgeous color combination – blue weddings are fantastic!
Considering a Blue Wedding Palette
The tones in this event can truly be used year-round. Due to the various hues, it really is seasonless, which is a great idea for a timeless wedding. There is so much here to inspire you if you are considering pairing blue wedding colors with other tones.
A Bit of Their Love Story
Tabitha and Austin met during their senior year of college in a photography class, and they fell in love! One day while they were at Grayson Highlands State Park, they came upon wild ponies just as the snow started to fall. Austin knew it was the perfect time to propose, and – of course – the answer was, “Yes!”
Although their Virginia wedding day was a bit rainy, you would never know it from their photos. They were still able to have their ceremony outdoors and catch fabulous photos against the Blue Ridge Mountains. Stunning – enjoy this gorgeous event!
Something Blue Vendors
- Venue – Sorella Farms
- Photography – Stacie Marshall, Marshall Arts Photography
- Planning & Coordination – A Little Party Events
- Florist – Foraged & Cut
- Gown – Ashley Grace Bridal
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire – Macy’s
- Groom’s Tie – The Tie Bar
- Hair Stylist – Studio, Style, & Spa
- Makeup Artist – C. Hope Makeup
- Entertainment – Three 4 Him Strings
- Cake – Geanna Evans Catering
- Catering – Merredith’s Restaurant & Catering
- Invitation Design – Bride and Groom
- Invitation Printing – Catprint
- Officiant – Duane Seagle
- Alterations – Sew Savanna
- Jewelry – Bowen Jewelry Company