Many brides choose to have a build your own bouquet bar before their wedding, which is such a fun thing to do! But, why not switch things up and have a unique kind of DIY flower bar? Bridal showers are fun, and favors are often in order, so why not turn it into a flower arranging party? Not that flowers have to be the focus, but it can be such a great activity to have a flower bar.
This post contains affiliate links, and a purchase helps us grow. Thanks!
DIY Flower Bar Bridal Shower
This is such an exciting idea! We did this at a real-life shower, and it turned into a flower arranging party for the guests. It was the perfect activity for people to do as soon as they arrived while we waited for others to get there. Our pop-up flower bar enabled everyone to be creative, have fun, and go home with something they made that would last for days afterward.
What You Need for Your Own DIY Flower Bar
Bridal shower, baby shower, or bachelorette party? This idea is perfect for any of these events as essentially it’s a mini flower arranging class. Party away with your guests as they take flowers and express their artsy side at a pop-up flower bar. Here is what you need for your own DIY flower bar.
Flower Arranging Party Supplies
- Container – Use whatever kind of container you see fit for your DIY flower bar, such as a mini white metal bucket.
- Plastic Baggies – Use small, clear bags that will easily fit into your container.
- Oasis – Cut your oasis into pieces that will fit into your container. The purpose of this is to retain water so the flowers will live longer.
- Flowers – Flower parties are fun when you use in-season flowers, but you can always order flowers if need be.
- Flower Cutters – Have something available to shorten the stems.
- Water – Have a water source or pitcher of water available at your pop-up flower bar.
How to Manage Your Build Your Own Bouquet Bar
It’s fairly easy to get attendees to make tiny arrangements at your flower bar. Bridal shower guests can be given instructions either when they arrive or at a certain point in the shower. Give them steps – either verbally or via a sign – as to what the pop-up flower bar has available. Make a sample beforehand, instruct the guests, and then let them create their own arrangement to take home.
For bridesmaids, a build your own bouquet bar works in a similar fashion, yet a flower arranging party isn’t quite necessary when your guests are taking mini-arrangements home to enjoy. It’s fun to have live flowers as a memory from flower parties so that people can think about the bride-to-be every time they look at their arrangement.
Do you think the theme of a DIY flower bar bridal shower is feasible?
One thing to remember is that you are not putting on a flower arranging class. Party guests can have fun, but this is truly a make-and-take activity that is easy to set up and implement. Flower parties are fun, and your attendees can use their DIY flower bar creations to help decorate the bridal shower itself. We think that a pop-up flower bar is a fabulous idea!
Pop-up Flower Bar Vendors
- Concept & Implementation – Hill City Bride
- Photography – Jae Studios
- Flowers – Fifty Flowers
- Floral Design & DIY Help – Fleur
- Venue – Atelier Studio & Gathering Space
- Day of Coordination – Ashley Rose Events
- Vintage Rentals – it’s FOUND vintage
- Cake (not shown) – Smith’s Sweets