Fall is in full swing, but who wants interior fall decorations that are a chore to store until next year? Decorating with pumpkins adds a cozy touch, yet real ones die and the plastic ones are too large to keep year after year. The solution? Test out our DIY fabric pumpkins! No sew is a big bonus, and just wait until you see what they are made out of. It may surprise you as you prepare for the fall season.
This post contains affiliate links, and a purchase helps us grow. Thank you!
DIY Fabric Pumpkins – No Sew Edition
Have you been scouring the internet wondering how to make fabric pumpkins without sewing? Well, look no further! These are the perfect pumpkin decorations for fall that are inexpensive, practical, and easy to store for years to come. Promise! Just follow our how-to guide below.
- 1/2 yard of fabric (makes 2 matching pumpkins) the remnants section is perfect for this, and don’t feel like your pumpkin craft has to incorporate fall fabrics
- stick section (6″ is great)
- 1 foot of green ribbon
- roll of toilet paper
- sandwich baggie (optional)
Did you catch the secret ingredient for these fabric covered pumpkins? Basically, the ribbon and fabric are the only things you will need to keep until next year as you can just place the toilet paper back into your bathroom. Ingenious!
How to Make Fabric Covered Pumpkins
- lay out your fabric, and place the toilet paper roll in the center
- take the corners and edges of the fabric, and tuck them into the center of the toilet paper roll
- place your stick into the baggie (the baggie protects the fabric if the stick is dirty at all), and push into the middle of the roll with the fabric
- fluff up your pumpkin – you don’t want your fabric to be tight to the toilet paper roll as you don’t want your pumpkin craft to look like a roll of toilet paper
- once you are happy with how your pumpkin looks, tie the ribbon at the base of the stick to simulate leaves
Voila! You now have your DIY fabric pumpkins. No sew projects are the best, aren’t they? These also work for a quick fix if you don’t know what to decorate with. We all have toilet paper around the house, and you can skip the baggie and ribbon if need be. Grab a stick and some fabric and make your own in a pinch. Too cute!
Watch how to make these step by step from my time on Daytime Blue Ridge!
StephanieWhy have I never done these? They’re SO cute. Next autumn, I’m totally doing some serious DIY-ing and this will be first on my list!
Jasmine VargasThese are unique. I love them so much!!
Delia AteneaThis is such a cute idea! I love the pumpkin with the plaid material! So chic and goes perfect for the holidays!
Ashley RThis is such a cute idea. You always have such creative DIY’s!
Julia ComilLove this DIY fabric pumpkin! It is totally new to me and love the idea. It looks so great and it seems easy to achieve thanks to explanation!
Chloé ArnoldWhat an amazing idea! I love how easy these are!! This would be fun to make with my son!
DeborahThis is such a cute idea!! What a great and cost-effective way to make autumn/winter decor!