I know a lot of you ladies are newly engaged, and now the wedding planning begins. Congrats! I love providing ideas for lovely weddings, but it’s also fun to pepper those ideas with engagement sessions and bridal showers because there are a lot of events that surround getting married. This one is coming from a personal perspective as it was a celebration for my very own daughter. So, take a peek and hear about her record bridal shower. So fun!
This post contains an affiliate link, and purchases through that link help HCB to grow. Thank you!
Why a record bridal shower?
I love ideas that are different and fun at the same time! Our town of Lynchburg has the most fabulous record shop, which also happens to have the most beautiful morning light. I knew that in order for it to be a surprise for my daughter, we had to be creative, so I contacted Speakertree, who was totally on board for a fun surprise. From there the ideas for a record themed shower began. In searching ideas, I found mostly black records, but I really wanted this shower to have a soft feminine feel. I enlisted the help of Lauren from Max & Dexter Event Design, and I think the results are gorgeous!
Here are a few ways that records were incorporated throughout the event.
- A record was painted white and placed on the back of the bride’s chair as a marker. Flowers were added to keep the look soft and flowy. So pretty!
- Vinyl records were used as chargers for the plates, and they served double-duty as place cards. Each guest’s name was painted onto the charger and a clear plate was used so that the name could be seen. So pretty!
- A painted record was used as a guest book – it even said “for the record”. What a cute idea!
- Menus were made out of hand-lettered records and placed on the tables for easy reading.
- When it came to drinking glasses, vintage etched glass was used. Music is etched into records, so it was a fun way to subtly incorporate a hint of detail.
- The food was all round – donuts and scones took center stage. So fun!
Then came the surprise record bridal shower!
It was really hard to surprise Aubrey, so we had the shower on a Sunday morning. Her fiance brought her to Speakertree because they were serving coffee on Sunday morning, but little did she know that a small group of family awaited her arrival. Surprise! We then had a sweet time of eating, socializing, and celebrating Aubrey. Of course, we played records – which included a bit of Neil Diamond by request. Ha!
I adore the photo above!
There is something to be said about daddy’s little girl getting married. Also, many, many thanks to all of the wonderful people who were involved in the shower. The vendors, the guests, those who kept it a secret. It was a truly beautiful time of celebration!
Record Bridal Shower Vendors
- Photography – Meridith De Avila Khan
- Location – Speakertree
- Planning, Event Design, Florals, Small Rentals – Max & Dexter Event Design
- Coffee, Scones, Donuts, and Fruit – White Hart Cafe
- Flower Farm – Terrace Blooms
- Hand Lettering – Lindsey Nicole Designs
- Chairs – Entwined Events
- Candles – Beeswax Candle Company
- Engagement Ring – Bowen Jewelry Company (estate piece)
- Etched Glasses – Estates & Consignments
- Mother of the Bride Skirt – Darn Good Yarn