When it comes to drinks for your wedding, his and hers combinations are a big hit. Instead of having a full bar, offering two selections – his favorite and her choice – is a fabulous way to have beverages in a creative way. I didn’t know a lot about sake (honestly I had never tried it!), so I partnered with SakeOne to come up with creative his/hers wedding cocktail recipes. I hope you enjoy and test out these grown-up favorites!
Sake Wedding Cocktail Recipes
When it came to creating a few new beverages, grown-up renditions of childhood favorites was the theme of choice. Take a peek at these delicious, crafted drinks to add a bit of style to any wedding reception.
Iced Spiced Cider
I remember loving cider as a kid. With its sugary sweetness and spices, it was a holiday treat reminiscent of apple juice, yet with the flavors of the season. This same feeling gets an adult twist in a refreshingly iced version.
Ingredients (per 8 ounce glass)
- 4 ounces apple cider
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1-2 thin apple slices
- 2-3 mandarin orange sections
- 2 ounces G Fifty sake
- Anise stars
- Orange peel (for garnish)
- Ice cubes
- Combine apple cider, brown sugar, cloves, allspice, and nutmeg. Heat in microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add cinnamon stick, apple slices, and orange sections and let steep for 15 minutes.
- Add ice to glass, and pour in G Fifty sake.
- Add anise stars, and pour apple cider mixture over top of ice and sake mixture.
- Garnish with a curled orange peel.
- Serve and enjoy!
That may seem involved, but if it is made in large batches, it’s fairly easy. And a crock pot is perfect for mulling the cider for a few hours if you are making it in a large quantity for a special event, such a New Year’s Eve or a wedding (of course!). It’s not only lovely, but it is one of the most perfectly refreshing wedding cocktail recipes. Yum!
Grown Up Cherry Vanilla Soda
What kid doesn’t like a cherry vanilla soda? Yum! This grown-up twist is perfect for those looking for wedding cocktail recipes to liven up their reception. What a fun choice!
Ingredients (per 8 ounce drink)
- 4 ounces cherry juice
- 2 ounces G Fifty sake
- 2 ounces club soda
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- Maraschino cherries (for garnish)
- Pour cherry juice and vanilla into a glass.
- Add G Fifty sake and club soda. Give a light stir
- Garnish with maraschino cherries, serve, and enjoy!
Aren’t those delectable? I adore the idea of signature cocktails for both him and her at the wedding reception. And sake is such a unique way to incorporate something different into your big day. Enjoy!