There is just something to be said about a church wedding. Rows of pews, gorgeous stained glass, the classic feel. So many people are utilizing other types of spaces for their nuptials. So, when I see a church wedding it makes my heart sing because it’s becoming so different! Such is the case with this UVA chapel wedding. I’d say that Matt and Carina’s big day makes a big case for staying traditional. So pretty!
Matt and Carina are both in the medical field, and they met during their undergraduate studies. While they were both studying biology, they went on a research trip to Costa Rica to study bats, and it was during this trip that they really grew close. Matt went off to the Temple School of Medicine, and Carina attended Penn State College of Medicine. As fate would have it, both of them ended up at the University of Virginia for their residency, which is why they chose the chapel at UVA to have their ceremony. Such a lovely story!
Here is what I adore about this UVA chapel wedding.
- The color palette is soft yet impactful. Hues of purple and sage are offset by white, which creates such a lovely color combination.
- Carina did a first look with her dad and then with her husband-to-be. It’s so sweet to capture intimate moments like that!
- The University Chapel has the most lovely stained glass. It’s gorgeous and adds so much to the setting of the ceremony.
- I adore how timeless this wedding is. From the details and attire to the colors and hairstyles, this wedding has such a classicly beautiful feel.
Enjoy this beautiful chapel wedding today!
UVA Chapel Wedding Vendors:
- Photography – Ch & Sh Fredericks Photography
- Event Management – Barb Wired LLC
- Ceremony Venue – UVA Chapel
- Reception Venue – James Monroe Highland
- Florals – Blue Ridge Floral Design
- Cakes – Pearl’s
- Event Rentals – MS Events
- Catering – Harvest Moon Catering
- Hair & Makeup – Charlottesville Makeup Artist
Love purple hues? Take a peek at another wedding here.