I adore Virginia. It’s filled with mountains, hills, lakes, and beaches. It has history and super cool towns filled with boutiques and locally owned restaurants. There really is something special about living here. So, when I received this Virginia inspired styled shoot with a note that said, “This is a beautiful styled shoot that is based entirely around the state of Virginia – so I knew immediately that Hill City Bride was my number one choice for publication,” I took notice right away. And then when I saw the photos AND heard the meaning behind several of the elements, I knew you all would adore it just as much as I do. Just wait and see!
There are so many Virginia elements strewn throughout this styled shoot, and they are so meaningful!
Here are a few of my favorites. Oh, and of course all of the vendors are from Virginia, too!
The venue utilized is called Morven Park, and it was the home of Virginia’s 48th governor. It is such a beautiful and stately property!
Red is the main accent color. Why? Well, it pays homage to the state bird, the cardinal. How clever!
Did you know that George Washington made whiskey a commercial success and was the first colonist to try distilling? Interesting! Whiskey from a local Virginia distillery was used (and it photographs so well!).
- Virginians love their apples. Whether it is growing, picking, or baking, apples are definitely a fall staple in the state. Apple slices were placed on the signature drink and baked into miniature pies.
- Cotton paper was used for the invitations, and they feature a dogwood motif. Dogwood is the Virginia state flower.
- Speaking of cotton, it grows well in Virginia and ties into the state’s agricultural history. You will see it in the centerpieces, on the dog collar (yes, there’s a pup!), as a cake accent, and in the bride’s hair to pay homage to this crop.
I love how many details were incorporated with thoughtfulness.
Now on to this Virginia inspired shoot. I can’t wait for you to see. Enjoy!!
Virginia Inspired Styled Shoot Vendors
- Planning and Coordination – Serendipity Wedding Services
- Photography –Lock & Company
- Venue – Morven Park
- Hair & Makeup – Beauty by Sue
- Flowers – Buttercups Floral Design
- Cake – LoveLe Sweets
- Invitations – Dreamcatcher Stationery
- Rentals – Jefferson Rentals
- Gentlemen’s Table – Catoctin Creek
- Pies – Little Apple Pastry Shop
- Donuts – Signature Sweets by Amanda
- Calligraphy – Cygnus Studio
Want to see another styled shoot? Just take a peek here.