Looking for a last minute gift for dad? This is quick, easy and useful. Our grilling rub recipe makes a fab wedding favor, too. Take a peek!
Grilling Rub Recipe Ingredients
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (be sure to press/break up lumps)
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Sidenote: This is a rub, not baking, so feel free to adjust as needed. I actually lowered the salt in mine due to my high blood pressure.
You will also need a funnel and some sort of tube or glass to hold your rub to give as a gift.
Grilling Rub Instructions
- Layer all ingredients into the jar you are using.
- Mix together OR leave as layers with instructions to mix before using as a rub. The layers are really pretty!
- Use as you would any rub for meat or grilling and enjoy!
Isn’t that easy? I did this as a segment recently on Daytime Blue Ridge, and feel free to watch it below!
Want more DIYs? Take a peek at our suggestions here.