If there’s one location around the world that is guaranteed to be beautiful for a wedding, it’s a vineyard. With trailing vines, barns and stunning views, they lend themselves easily to a gorgeous event as you will see in this lovely summer winery wedding today!
Here is a little of this couple’s story.
In Angela’s words…
Like many couples these days, we met online. Since Dan knew I was Canadian, he asked if I wanted to go ice skating in D.C.’s sculpture garden. It was a beautiful March night, and Dan likes to emphasize how awkward I was and how I gave him a really weird hug and wave goodbye. Oops.
Dan proposed while we were on holiday in South Africa. It was the evening of our last day, and we had just been out all day on an amazing safari. I was running around our room trying to sort out our luggage since we were leaving early the next morning.I was pretty mad that Dan was out on the balcony seemingly enjoying the view and initially refused to go out there with them.
He FINALLY convinced me to join him and then he went down on one knee. I was SHOCKED, and everything else is kind of a blur. We then quickly ate dinner and spent the evening in the one part of our lodge that had wifi, calling and texting family and friends.
Favorite Wedding Moment
It is really difficult to choose one!! But I’d say everything after the toasts started. All the protocol was over and the stress was totally drained away, and it was time to just truly enjoy the family and friends that had gathered. Dan’s groomswoman, a good friend from college, read the most amazingly hilarious and touching epic poem about Dan and I. My dad and sister also blew me away with their words and tributes to us. I still tear up thinking about it.Then it was just time to get the DANCE PARTY STARTED and it was just hours of total joy surrounded by everyone we loved.
Favorite Summer Winery Wedding Details
- I created the table map and corresponding table cards that represented important places in Dan and I’s lives. That was very special to us, and I still love looking at that map and all the places that made us who we are.
- Our grandparents had strong and loving marriages that are very inspirational to us. Unfortunately, none of our grandparents could be at our wedding, and we wanted them to be honored and included. They were named at the very start of our ceremony, we had all their wedding photos displayed, and all their hometowns were represented on our map – small tributes to people that are larger than life people for us. Very special.
- I’m really happy we wrote cards that we had sent to each other while we were getting ready. I was feeling really nervous and overwhelmed, and reading Dan’s words really put me at ease and centered me on everything.
- I loved seeing all our guests enjoy the winery! They came from Canada, Scotland, New England, the Midwest, and elsewhere, and seemed to be totally enjoying beauty and history of it all!
Summer Winery Wedding Vendors
- Photographer – Megan Rei Photography
- Venue – The Winery at Bull Run
- Hair & Makeup – Agape Airbrush Makeup & Hair
- Florist – Flower Gallery of Manassas
- Officiant – Progressive Catholic & Interfaith Weddings
- DJ – Perpetual Sound
- Catering – RSVP Catering
- Dress Designer – Maggie Sottero Designs
- Bridal Shop – Bridals by Elena