I can’t even express to you how excited I am to be featuring this styled Middle Eastern wedding on the blog today! I have long wanted to feature this type of event as they are SO lovely. The colors, the details, the clothing. It’s all so gorgeous. Get ready for a feast for your eyes. Yay!!
First, a few words about this Middle Eastern wedding inspiration from the vendors involved as it was thought about with respect and reigning true to Middle Eastern traditions.
This shoot had one goal in mind, and that was to pay respects to a beautiful culture. Our team of vendors really dug in deep to learn about Middle Eastern wedding traditions, which go beyond bright bold colors. This inspiration not only uses beautiful, bold colors and silks but the details of the jewelry, makeup, hair and decor all have meanings in the celebration.
Golden elephants were selected because they are sacred and symbolize good luck and prosperity, and they are also very prominent in Middle Eastern weddings. Marigold orange, red and bright yellows are often used in these weddings because they represent vibrancy of life, and we definitely wanted to use plenty of those colors due to what they convey.
Here are a few things I love about this Middle Eastern wedding.
- Can we just talk about color for a moment? Aqua, ultra violet (hello Pantonee 2018!), cobalt, hot pink, orange… the list goes on! I LOVE the use of color. Weddings are a happy celebration, and Middle Eastern culture definitely evokes feelings of joy with bold palettes.
- The addition of gold is flawless, and it’s woven all throughout these images. From flatware and jewelry to clothing and cloth accents, gold takes a dramatic center stage role.
- I’ve been to both India and Nepal, and the traditional sari is so gorgeous! I don’t have any this detailed, though. The celebratory wedding wear in Middle Eastern tradition is so unique and beautiful. Add in lots of gorgeous jewelry, and the bride’s (and bridesmaids’) look is complete. The groom also looks dashing in his paisley wedding wear.
- The details for this styled wedding shoot are amazing! Tiny elephants, loads of pillows, lanterns, a detailed tablescape. Literally, it’s a feast for the eyes, so be sure to look closely.
- That makeup! The bride’s eyes are truly so stunning with the gold (there’s that color again!) glitter eyeshadow and her flawless skin. Beautiful! The bridesmaids are equally gorgeous.
- The Middle Eastern wedding cake also follows suit with a bold color palette along with flowers and cookies that have a henna-esque pattern on them. They are creative and so pretty.
Ok, that’s all I’ll say for now. I really am so excited to showcase this styled Middle Eastern wedding. Enjoy!
Middle Eastern Wedding Styled Shoot Vendors:
- Photography – Michael & Jasmine Photography
- Venue – Colonial Heritage Country Club
- Planner – Jessica Marie Thompson
- Tableware, China and Details – Rusty Cottage Vintage Rentals & Styling and Chic Unique Vintage Rentals & Events
- Concept & Florals – I Do Weddings with Love
- Cake – Kadi Bakes
- Pipe & Drapes – In Your Dreams Event Design & Planning
- Invitations – Kalos Designs
- Cookies – It’s All Sugar to Me
- DJ & Lighting – Play it Again DJs
- Horse – Arrivals in Elegance Horse Drawn Carriage
- Hair & Makeup for Bride and 2 Bridesmaids in Green Shawls – Glam Face by Khatera
- Hair & Makeup for Bridesmaid in Purple Shawl – LBG Hair Designs & Richmond Makeup Artist
- Bride Model – Tabatha I
- Groom Model – Seth H
What a team! Want more styled shoot inspiration? Just click here!