Your wedding is a joyous occasion! It’s a time to be surrounded by family and friends and celebrate your love and union. Of course, at times, thoughts turn to those who have passed and can’t be there with you. There are several ways you can remember lost loved ones at your wedding, and here are some of our favorites from local brides.
Looking for ways to remember lost loved ones at your wedding? Here are 7 of our favorite ideas from local brides.
1. Subtly incorporating a memento into a wedding bouquet is a sweet way to honor a deceased family member. This bride incorporated one of her father’s ties into her bouquet.
2. This one is definitely meaningful and touching. After her father passed, this bride carried a heart filled with his ashes along with her bouquet.
3. The groom’s mother’s wedding band was incorporated into the bride’s bouquet.
4. Carrying the dog tag of a deceased loved one honors their memory and service.
5. Saving a seat to memorialize the deceased loved one is also touching. A seat was saved for the groom’s mother during the ceremony.
6. Photos of a passed loved one can serve as a subtle reminder. Adding one to your bouquet is both lovely and meaningful.
7. A simple photo collage honors those who are deceased.
No matter how you choose to remember loved ones at your wedding, doing so is a sweet way to cherish their memory and make them a part of your day.
photos by (top to bottom, not including header): Ashley Lester Photography, Megan Garrison Photography, C Howell Photography, Kidd Photography, and Visions by Heather Photography (last 3 images)