Fall weather may be around the corner, but that doesn’t mean I’m ready to give up my waterside dreams yet! And this styled shoot at The Tides Inn in Virginia’s Chesapeake Bay is just lovely! With fun cocktails and shell details, you are sure to find many ideas to inspire your own beachside event.
Here are some of my favorite things about this editorial shoot at The Tides Inn in Virginia.
- The use of oyster shells is so lovely! From details in the wedding stationery suite to a cake topper, real shells are placed strategically throughout. They are even used as vase fillers and as accents on the reception plates. Keep an eye out for them along the way!
- Pearls are made, of course, from oysters, and pearls are also a theme that is peppered within this shoot. They are included in a fun signature cocktail, mimicked along the back of the dress, and – if you look closely – you will see on the cake table that pearls are utilized to keep the cake forks upright and within reach. How ingenious!
- Whether you are honoring a passed loved one or would merely like to include family photos into your wedding, there is no doubt that they make a sentimental addition to the day.
- The Tides Inn is just lovely! by including waterside views of foliage and boats, a quaint dock area and other stunning backdrops, you do get the best of land and sea at this Virginia venue in the Chesapeake Bay.
- Be sure to peek at the signature cocktails, and one for men and the other for ladies. So fun!
- The soft colors are lovely! With the bride’s understated makeup and the pastel hues in the bouquet and cake, it really allows for the textures to pop.
- Lastly, her dress is gorgeous, and that catering is making me hungry!
- Photographer – Will Hawkins Photography
- Makeup Artist – About Face MUA
- Bakery – Cindy’s Cakery llc
- Culinary – Country Cottage
- Hair Stylist – Curl Up Or Dye
- Specialty Food – Dog & Oyster Winery
- Event Designer – Game Day Weddings & Events
- Groomsman Attire – Miguel’s Formal Wear
- Invitation Designer – Papeterie
- Model – Splash Model Management
- Dress Store – Studio I do
- Signage – The Letter Label
- Event Venue – The Tides Inn
- Floral Designer – The Wild Bunch
- Large balloons can be found on Etsy via this affiliate link here.
- Oyster shells can be found on Etsy via this affiliate link here.