Who doesn’t love a vineyard wedding? Their natural backdrop of land and lovely buildings lends itself to an upscale event as you will see in David and Katie’s lovely Virginia winery wedding today!
Here are a few of my favorite things about this Virginia winery wedding.
- Doesn’t Katie make the most stunning bride? Gorgeous!
- The photo of Katie reading a note from David is so sweet. Cue all the tears!!
- Hues of lavender and purple yet abound again with this event today. I am so glad I’m seeing more and more of this color.
- The florals are so soft and dreamy. They add so much to the day with roses, hydrangeas and other blooms mixed throughout.
- Tone on tone white with fresh flowers make their cake so classically beautiful.
Here are Katie’s thoughts on her love story and her Virginia winery wedding day.
I have dreamed of my wedding day for a long time. I never knew exactly what it would be like, especially because I’m not your typical party planner or host; a cookout with cornhole in the backyard is about as fancy as we get. When my mom, David, and I went venue searching, New Kent Winery was the only place that I could actually see myself walking down the aisle; as they were giving us the tour, my mom started crying just talking about the big day; and David – who “didn’t care” – was beaming from ear-to-ear the entire time.
We didn’t book that day. I couldn’t sleep that night. David kept talking about the golf course next to the winery, and continually reminded me of my love for wine (especially Chardonnay, which they make a delicious un-oaked Chardonnay). He also kept going on & on about the natural beauty of the winery both inside and out, including the ceiling beams that are made from the old train trestles from Richmond. When I couldn’t stop thinking about it and David wouldn’t stop talking about it, we knew it was the place for us to celebrate our special day.
Enjoy perusing their beautiful wedding images!
- Photographer and Cinema/Video – Rebecca Keeling Studios
- DJ – Astro Entertainment
- Veils and Headpieces: Ava Clara Couture Bridal Boutique
- Lighting – Blue Steel Lighting Design
- Invitation Designer – Minted
- Event Planner – Sunkissed Events & Design
- Makeup Artist – Behind the Veil Studio
- Bakery – Incredible Edibles Bakery
- Floral Designer – Leslie Hartig Floral Design
- Venue – New Kent Winery
Wasn’t that lovely? Want to see another Virginia winery wedding? Here you go!