Derbies make for such a fun time of year – the hats, the horses, the flowers. It’s all beautiful and creates a sense of fun, even though the races themselves are short! If you are a lover of horses, a derby e-session just may be a fun theme for you to play on, and that’s what was done for this adorable styled shoot. Take a peek today – and it comes complete with a mint julep recipe!
Here are fun things to notice about this derby e-session.
- I adore the copper cups AND straws – such a fun, modern element. Also, be sure to notice the ring shot below where the ring is on the edge of the glass held by the straw. Super cute! Plus, I adore details, so all of the mint julep shots are perfection.
- What’s not to love about a derby horse? Complete with a floral wreath, this lovely steed is styling!
- This session has lots of COLOR! His bow tie and socks, her dress, the flowers and even the detailing of the horse’s harness all add to the overall plethora of lovely colors utilized in this derby e-session shoot. Pretty!
- And isn’t this couple the cutest? The laughs, the smiles… so adorable!
Enjoy this fun styled engagement session today!
Ok, after all of those mint julep images, I think it’s time for a specialty cocktail recipe!
Minted Simple Syrup
- water (one cup)
- 1 cup sugar
- bunch of mint
- Stir together water and sugar and heat slowly in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Increase the heat and let the liquid simmer for 5 minutes stirring every once in a while.
- Add mint leaves and take the pan off the heat, and let the mixture steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain out the mint leaves, and chill the syrup. This mixture last for a week or so covered in the fridge.
Ingredients – makes 2 drinks
- 1 ounce minted simple syrup
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 2 ounces bourbon
- fresh mint
- To whatever cup you desire (we love silver, copper or highball), add a half ounce minted simple syrup, 1 cup crushed ice, half of the bourbon and a splash of water.
- Add more ice to fill the glass.
- Garnish with mint – drink and enjoy!
- Photography – Sweet Adeline by Jenn Marie
- Videography – Wild Heart Films
- Floral Design – Mary’s Flower Works
- Hair – Markia Nicole Hair + Makeup Artistry
- Makeup – Beauty by Rose
- Jewelry – Goodman & Sons Jewelers
- Dress – Blue, Green, Aqua Boutique
- Venue – The Jordan Estate, private residence
Craving more derby inspiration? How about a Kentucky Derby themed wedding. Take a peek here!