Wow, do we have a gorgeous Virginia event for you today! This sophisticated Richmond wedding is filled with lovely detailing and ideas for the bride-to-be. Here is a little bit of their story from their photographer, Melissa Desjardins. Katie and Mike are that laid back, love to have fun couple who everyone loves…they first met at VCU. Mike took her on their first date to Lee’s Fried Chicken and the rest is history! Perhaps the true test of their relationship came when Mike moved to New Orleans after accepting a job at Tulane, while Katie stayed here in Richmond to finish her schooling. It wasn’t long before she realized she needed to be with him and then they began their new life together in NOLA, even adopting an adorable dog and appropriately naming her Delachaise. When visiting RVA for the holidays in 2014, Mike proposed to Katie on top of Libby Hill with the Richmond skyline in the background. So sweet!
Here are a few of my favorite ideas from their wedding day.
- I love how classic everything is – their statement invitation, their rings. It all is very timeless and beautiful for a wedding.
- You have got to see the flower girl – she is absolutely adorable!!
- Take a moment to notice their first look photo. They were separated by sliding doors, which made for an impactful – and very sweet – first look.
- Ah! Monument Terrace makes for such a gorgeous backdrop for wedding photos, and they had a beautiful, sunny day. So lovely!
- I adore the use of succulents – in the boutonniere and even as a cake topper. They are also strategically placed on the tables in rose gold, geometric glass holders like the ones you can find for your own wedding here. Greenery, white and gold completed their color palette.
- Ballrooms are so stately, and their wedding reception is absolutely divine. Gorgeous! They combined it with a classic, church ceremony – the perfect pairing!
- Their reception was complete with a white cake, first dance and signature cocktails. So fun!
I hope you enjoy this sophisticated Richmond wedding today – you are sure to gain some classic Virginia wedding inspiration today. Enjoy!
- Photographer – Melissa Desjardins Photography
- Dress Designer – Allure Bridals
- Dress Store – Ashley Renee’ Bridal
- DJ – Black Tie Entertainment
- Makeup Artist – BRIDEface Richmond
- Photo Booth Equipment – Chesterfield Photobooth
- Dress Store – David’s Bridal
- Hair Stylist – Event Hair by Lauren
- Caterer – Homemades by Suzanne
- Groomsman Attire – Jos A Banks
- Ceremony Location – Linden Row Inn
- Invitation Designer – Minted
- Event Planner – Notable Events by Nicole
- Ceremony Location – Reveille United Methodist Church
- Transportation – RVA Trolley
- Cake Designer – The Buttercream Bee
- Reception Venue – The John Marshall Ballrooms
- Floral Designer – The Proper Petal