There’s just something about seeing a plethora of colors that makes me smile as hopefully you will with this Richmond wedding. Although they were living in New York, this couple knew they wanted to get married back in the bride’s home state of Virginia. Because it was a June wedding, they were inspired by all the colors of the season and it was made perfect by fond memories and fantastic photos.
With handmade “wedding wands” for the grand departure, giant colorful paper lanterns, lush greenery arches, and their dog Fitz playing videographer with a Go Pro strapped to his back (what a fab idea!!), there were playful fun moments all day long for the two lovebirds.
It made me happy just to soak it all in! Here are some of my favorite aspects about this event:
- Color, of course! I think this bride was bold in her use of different colors for both her bridesmaids and her wedding florals. So fun!
- Even though this Virginia wedding has fun pops of varying hues, it still has such a classic beauty to it – the bride’s gown, their getaway car (so great!) and a church wedding – can I just pause and say that I literally squealed with joy at how lovely this Richmond church is??
- Be sure to notice the pup – any kind of an animal appropriate for a wedding makes me happy!
- The ribbon shakers that guests used as the couple exited the wedding ceremony and the reception are so fun – and there’s no cleanup. So festive for this occasion!
- Again, the juxtaposition between classic elements and boldly fun elements (notice the bubble lanterns on the ceiling) blend seamlessly. Ashley could have gone overboard and made everything ultra-colorful, but she utilized color where it packed a punch. It’s really lovely!
Richmond Wedding Vendors:
- Photography: Don Mears Photography
- Ceremony Venue: St. James Episcopal Church
- Reception Venue: VMFA Pauley Center
- Catering: VMFA
- Invitations: Erika Jack
- Dress Designer: Caroline Castigliano
- Rentals: Classic Party Rentals
- Band: Jukeboxx
- Florist: Lisa Caperton (bouquets and church) Debi Berg (reception)
- Cake: Pearl’s and Kuba Kuba
- Lighting: Lighting Professors
- Hair: Mango Salon
- Transportation: Winn Transportation