Small, intimate weddings are meaningful for a couple as they are surrounded by family and friends. Both Shawn and Lindsey shy away from being the center of attention, so a cabin-in-the-woods style wedding was perfect for them! “We rented a house outside of Lynchburg in Goode, where along with our parents and closest friends, we shared a relaxing, memorable weekend together,” Lindsey offered, and her sentiments are echoed in her lovely cabin wedding images.
Lindsey’s advice to upcoming brides – Make it exactly how you envision it to be and not what anyone else expects. Stay true to yourself, and stress-free is so important.
Shawn – “The whole weekend is a good memory, especially Saturday… dancing to Blue Sky, enjoying everyone’s company, and the fact that we were happy and not stressed the whole time.”
Lindsey – “Our friend Sarah, who wed us, made us a homemade book with homemade paper, exteriorly wrapped in flannel, and had each person present write a love letter to us on each page.”
PERSONAL ELEMENTS FROM THEIR DAY
- Instead of cake they had fruit pie a la mode, which was made by Shawn’s dad.
- Their post wedding meal was one of their favorites – shrimp and grits.
- The family made all of the decorations, flowers and food.
- “Moscow mule” was their signature drink, and it was served in copper mugs.
- The quilt contained squares that her great-grandmother made over 70 years ago.