This couple’s lovely personal wedding had so many meaningful details, and a refreshingly lovely color palette. We loved it so much that we featured it in our 2015 issue of clutch, the bride’s guide to have and to hold!
Your wedding day is all your own, and it is the perfect time to celebrate family while creating personalized elements to incorporate throughout your day. A personal touch was so important to Brittany and Tanner, and their wedding was truly full of personality!
Here are some unique elements we loved about their day:
- Brittany chose the color of the dresses, but the bridesmaids were able to pick their own dresses online, which made for an eclectic, yet cohesive, array of gowns.
- Her grandmother’s suitcase, mason jars (which were then decorated with burlap and lace!) and candlesticks were incorporated into the wedding day decor.
- Brittany personalized thrifted frames, chalkboards and chicken wire to add personality into her day.
- A coffee and cookie bar was set up during the cocktail hour for guests to enjoy… complete with cookies baked by the bride’s family and personalized B&T coffee sleeves! Guests were able to pack some cookies to go in cute little “Mr. & Mrs.” bags.
Brittany got creative and used recipes tied up with twine and a cookie cutter as favors for her guests. “Each of the recipes was special to me because they all played a part in a special era of my life,” she reminisced. She grew up baking with both of her grandmothers, who taught her the gift of giving homemade. What a great way to honor them on her day! Here are the recipes she chose to share with her guests:
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
- No Bake Energy Bites
- Oatmeal M&M Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Blossoms
We were able to snag one of Brittany’s recipes to share with you. Yum!
No Bake Energy Bites
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup flax seed, ground
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Stir all of the ingredients together until combined. Once combined, pop it in the fridge for 45 minutes so that it will slightly harden. Shape the mixture into 1 inch balls. Keep refrigerated and serve.
Now that we have tempted your taste buds, let us give you lots of ideas from Brittany and Tanner’s lovely day. Enjoy!
- Banners – Bride’s Sister
- Bride’s Bracelet and Earrings – Penelope
- Bride’s Ring – Lautares Jewelers
- Bride’s Shoes – Toms
- Bridesmaids’ Dresses – ForHerAndForHim.com
- Cake and Cupcakes – Jenn Anne Cupcakes
- Catering – Charley’s
- Chairs – Lynchburg True Value
- Coffee Service – The Muse
- DJ – Music, Music & More Music
- Exit Wands – Ginger Ray Vintage
- Florals – bloom by Doyle’s
- Getaway Dress – J Crew
- Getaway Shoes – Payless
- Gown and Belt – Bridal Mart
- Groom’s Ring – Fink’s Jewelers
- Hair – Cuttin’ Cottage
- Headpiece – Michael’s
- Invitations – Bride (on WeddingChicks.com)
- Makeup – Bride (and Sister)
- Necklace – Charming Charlies
- Photography – Jane Bradley Photography
- Prints on Tables – Naptime Diaries and Honeysuckle
- Program – How Lovely Paper (Etsy)
- Venue – The Trivium