Glamorous rustic weddings are all the rage right now, and one of the ways that look can be achieved is by combining metallics with natural pieces. This rustic signs project from Chykalophia is absolutely perfect and practical. So cute! Thank you so much to Ari Krzyzek for this fun project today.
- Letter sticker of your choice, for the one we use here can be found at Michaels
- Martha Stewart Gold Liquid Gilding
- Small paint brush
- Wood block of your choice, the one shown here can be found at Michaels
- Few sheets of newspaper to use as protection
- Lay out few newspaper sheets and pick your letter stickers. In this tutorial, we use M, R, M, R, S. Do NOT peel the sticker off, instead cut out the letters from the rest of the other letters.
- Start painting each letter with Martha Stewart Gold Liquid Gilding and set them aside to dry.
- Once all the letters are painted and dry, position the letters on the wood block, when you’re ready peel the sticker off and place it on the wood. Press firmly to make sure it sticks to the wood.
And that’s it. Now you’re ready to add the nature inspired Mr. & Mrs Wood Sign. So fun! We would love to know if you use this or personalize it to make on your own rustic sign vignette. What a fun wedding keepsake, and so easy to make!
Photos by: Wojoimage Photography