If you are like me, maybe you are looking for things that are inexpensive yet still provide that “wow” factor. I think that these DIY pinecone picture frames can do the trick! These would be great for a wedding. I can picture them as place cards, as a wedding favor for guests, or even adorning a tree with photos of the bride and groom in them. If you’re wondering what can you do with pine cones, here is your answer – adorable!
DIY Pinecone Picture Frames
This DIY is practically free besides a few inexpensive supplies, but I think that the time invested in making these would be what really counts with this project. If you are wondering what to do with pine cones in the yard, this is a fabulous solution! During the holidays, these would even be fabulous pinecone crafts to sell or give as gifts.
Have fun, and let me know if you make these cute pinecone picture frames. I may just make some for our family tree this year! They can also serve as pine cone decoration ideas for all year round. Don’t feel like they are seasonal at all. You could even make a larger version and lay it on its back for pine cone table decorations. I would probably not use a photo, but a pretty paper or pattern would suffice!
Mini Pine Cone Crafts – Frame Supplies
- small floral clippers
- craft glue
- decorative paper
Pinecone Picture Frame Instructions
1. Use the small floral clippers to clip off the pinecone “scales” as close to the base as possible. Be careful!!
2. Glue your photo to the cardstock.
3. Cut out the photo in whatever shape you would like. You can use a template if you wish to get a specific shape.
4. Hot glue the pinecone scales around the edges on the back of the photo so that their edges can be seen. Here is where you can get creative if you would like by adding some scales to the front of the photograph if you would like.
5. Glue a ribbon loop to the backside of the photograph so that you can hang your frame if you wish.
6. Cut out the decorative paper so that it fits onto the back of the photo, and glue it in place so that it covers both the glued part of the ribbon and the pinecone scales.
7. Allow to dry, and then hang and enjoy these cute home decor ideas with pine cones!
Such cute home decor ideas with pine cones!
This project was found on Martha Stewart’s website here. They always have such great ideas over there, and all photo credits belong to them, too. Thanks, and I love inexpensive, natural ideas like this one!! If you are looking for more DIY projects, just click here to see more.