How did I become a travel blogger? Well, when I was 14, my dad had a business trip to Germany. As a business owner, he decided to take a month off and have our little family of 3 (I’m an only child) travel Europe for a month. We visited 9 different countries, and it’s safe to say that I’ve had the travel bug since then! From philanthropic trips to China, Africa and Nepal to pleasure trips around the globe, I adore travel and love making recommendations to couples for their destination wedding, honeymoon or anniversary trips. Enjoy my travel blogger journeys here while I work on my actual website!
Contact me at email@example.com.
Where have I been? Check it out! Oh, and I don’t count layovers unless I get out and explore!
- Africa – I took philanthropic missions trip to Burundi, Africa to visit homes for deaf children, blind children and abandoned babies. I traveled with my husband and did a safari in Kenya after the missions trip.
- Nepal – I’ve been to Nepal 3 times for missions trips to teach children and also visit children’s homes. I’ve been with my daughter, son and husband on those 3 separate trips.
- China – I went on a missions trip to teach English to high school students.
- Mexico – I visited and volunteered in a day care in San Miguel de Allende.
LAYOVERS (only counted if I get out and explore!)
- London – I’ve been here twice on two layovers – once for 2 days and another for 12 hours!
- Amsterdam – Again, I’ve been here twice on two layovers – once for 2 days and another for 5 hours.
TRIP WHEN I WAS 14 WITH MY PARENTS
- Germany – This was one of the 9 countries we visited, plus I had an 8 hour layover in Munich one time on the way to Nepal with my son.
- Austria – I was here on a layover for 2 days with my daughter on the way home from Nepal, but I also visited this country with my parents.
- The other countries I visited with my parents on that trip were – Iceland, Yugoslavia (at the time), Morocco, Luxembourg, France, Italy and Switzerland.
- Greece and Turkey – My husband and I took a beautiful, luxury cruise for our 15th anniversary.
- Mexico, Caribbean and Puerto Rico – We have done a fair bit of cruising and have been in these areas on stopovers and excursions with our children.
- Gems of the Leeward Islands – Cruising 8 Caribbean islands with my husband was both luxurious and relaxing on an 11 day cruise.
OTHER INTERNATIONAL TRIPS
- Ireland – My husband and I traveled Ireland for our 10 year anniversary, and we took our 1 year old daughter along.
- Canada – I’ve been here several times to visit Niagra Falls and also Toronto.
- Israel – My husband and I traveled with a group from our church to visit and tour Israel.
- Bermuda and Bahamas – I’ve been to these for fun. Bahamas with my husband and Bermuda – believe it or not – as a graduation present from my parents (3 of us girls went!).
Of course, I love the USA, too! I have been from coast to coast, and I don’t know if I’ll ever be done exploring our great land – or the world for that matter. Keep up with what I’m doing and where I’m going as a travel blogger. I can’t wait to share more stories with you!
Interested in weddings? Check out my website here!