Please feel free to submit beautiful images to us using the guidelines below! Note that we receive many submissions, and you may not hear from us for up to one month from the time of submission, although we try to be as timely as possible. Also, for tips on submitting in general, click here.
USE OUR MINI LINK BELOW TO FILL OUT SUBMISSION INFORMATION QUICKLY
Filling out the form below will allow us to pre-qualify your session to be sure it is a fit without you having to go through the entire submission process. We will get back to you within two weeks if we think it is a fit.
*As of August 2016, we are an exclusive blog. Posts must not be published on other blogs other than your own photography or wedding professional blog, and our exclusivity period is one month from the date of publication on our blog.*
Whether you are a vendor, bride, photographer or cinematographer, we would love to see you featured on our blog! Please email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “submissions”. Hill City Bride serves as a resource to give brides inspiration for their wedding day, and we are happy to consider your submissions.
We are looking for weddings and bridal sessions that are full of great ideas, especially if they are themed, cultural, budget friendly or full of DIY ideas. Although we can not publish every session we receive, Hill City Bride will try to respond to your submission in a timely fashion. Please do not submit weddings that have been featured on other local blogs (except your own, of course) as we want to keep our blog full of fresh and unique ideas.
We love VA weddings! What does that mean? Be sure that your submission meets the criteria below:
- The event must have taken place in VA. Some exceptions are made for DC.
- We also feature destination engagements, weddings and honeymoon sessions of Virginia couples who travel.
Photographers – Do you have a wedding, engagement or other type of wedding related session that is themed, unique or just one of your favorites? We have a few guidelines for you to consider before submitting your work.
- Please submit 60-100 photographs for weddings or 30-40 photographs of other wedding related sessions.
- Email email@example.com with “submissions” in the subject line. Include the name of your company, your name, the location and date of the wedding and the names of the couple featured.
- We also accept photos via dropbox. This is our FAVORITE way to receive submissions. If you do not have an account, click HERE. The email to send them to is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please name your file including the name of your photography business so that we can distinguish between submissions.
- Send your photographs in JPEG format.
- Resize to 1250 wide.
- No photo collages.
- No watermarks.
- Include your business web address.
- We love detail shots.
- Please include any information you have about the wedding (name of bride and groom, location … etc.). If your photos feature the work of other vendors, you must include the web addresses of the vendors.
- If you featured the wedding on your own blog, please include a link to the blog post.
- Submitting your event to Hill City Bride will also throw it into the pool of weddings and events that we will consider for our next wedding magazine issue.
Cinematographers – If you have a trailer or a short wedding related video of your work, please feel free to submit it to Hill City Bride. Submissions need to be viewable online through a site such as Vimeo or YouTube in order to be considered for posting on Hill City Bride. Email your submission link to email@example.com, and be sure to include your company name, your name, the date and location of the wedding and the names of the bride and groom along with giving credit to any vendors whose work is featured in your video.
Brides – Your day was special and uniquely you, and we enjoy hearing your stories! Please read the section on submissions for photographers above. We would love for you to give kudos to your great vendors while hearing all about the planning that went into your wedding day. We request that the photographs are taken by a professional photographer, and photo credit and a Copyright Release must be included in order for us to consider the photographs for publication on Hill City Bride. For more information or to submit your wedding, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vendors – Do you have a great project or some ideas to share to inspire a bride? If so, we would love to hear from you! Email us at email@example.com. Sponsored blog posts are also available for vendors who want to share their work with brides (please see our advertising tab), and we look forward to hearing from you.
Been featured? Be sure to grab a badge here and link to your featured post. So fun!
photo by Sincereli Photography