Did you see our most recent styled shoot? If not, click here! The entire shoot was inspired by a Wedding Paper Divas invitation called “Exquisite Leaves”. Beautiful! We had several DIY projects including this one which is a unique way to save an invitation. We will show you the in-tact invitation first and then proceed with our creative 3-d invitation DIY!
- Vintage frame
- 3 Wedding invitations
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Scrapbook paper
- Sharpie marker to match the background color of your invitation (if it is a thick invitation)*
- Cut out the scrapbook paper to fit the frame.
- Using two of the invitations, cut out pieces of the embellishments (in our case we chose the leaves).
- *If necessary, run the Sharpie around the edge of the cut invitation pieces. The inside of my invitation was white, so it was necessary for me to use a black marker to get rid of the white edge.
- Using the hot glue gun, glue the decorative elements to the in-tact invitation in layers. The goal is to have these pieces 3-dimensional, so do not press down on the hot glue dots you use. Also be sure to be very neat with the glue when gluing.
- Once the pieces are dry. Glue the full invitation to the scrapbook paper.
- Insert the scrapbook paper into the frame. If the frame has glass, place the glass behind the scrapbook paper to keep it in tact.
What a fun, easy keepsake idea! To see the true dimension of this project, please view the photos below.
- Bow Tie - Twenty23
- Cookies - One Creative Cookie
- Decor and Styling - Love Is in the Air
- DIY Projects - Jennifer Prince
- Flowers - bloom by Doyle’s
- Gown - Celebration
- Hair/Makeup – Emily Garbee Harris from Bodyworks Day Spa & Salon
- Hand Lettering - Love Is in the Air
- Invitation Paper Suite - Wedding Paper Divas
- Jewelry - Fink’s Jewelers
- Models – Kenan and Bethany Bell and Gremelina the kitten
- Photography - Sincerely, Liz: Photography
- Tuxedo - Celebration
- Venue - Bella Rose Plantation
- Vintage Furniture and Tableware - Estates Revisited