This wedding is one that you have to see to believe! If I were to tell you that a couple combined their love for horses and Harry Potter, would you believe me? I didn’t think so! But this couple had a perfectly executed Harry Potter themed wedding at a horse farm. And it’s stunning! If you’re a fan, get ready for some fun wedding details.
This post contains a few Etsy affiliate links to guide you to some fun Harry Potter themed products. Any purchase helps our blog and doesn’t cost you a bit extra!
Grant and Louisa – both environmental scientists – met at the University of Miami – Ohio. They reside in DC, but they wanted to have a wedding that reflected their love for the outdoors. Getting married in the Blue Ridge was the obvious choice! Their wedding combined Clydesdales and all things Harry Potter. Louisa’s family lives in England, and the wedding was a perfect excuse for everyone to come together for this special day.
Here are some of my favorite things about this Harry Potter themed wedding!
- Well, of course, the Harry Potter theme is evident throughout. From the rings to the cake, it is so fun to see! I adore the sorting hat idea for the table numbers, and the signage throughout their wedding day incorporates the theme so beautifully. Even the bottom of Louisa’s wedding shoes got in on the fun!
- A soft, pastel color palette will always steal my heart. The florals and bridesmaid dresses are so delicate and pretty.
- The felted bird on the horseshoe is so adorable!! What a cute idea. And it has their names on it, too. That’s definitely something I have never seen incorporated into a wedding before.
- Both venues – for getting ready and the actual wedding – are stunning. The views and settings themselves made for a perfect wedding day.
- Last, but definitely not least, I have to give one more shoutout for the cake. It’s so cute! And I love all of the gold touches. Beautiful.
Enjoy this Harry Potter themed wedding of muggles today.
Harry Potter Themed Wedding Vendors
- Photography – Jontell Vanessa Photography
- Day of Coordinator – Joy Orr
- Florist – Good Earth Flowers
- Bakery – Shall We Bake
- Hairstylist – Brooke Christine Designs
- Makeup Artist – Charlottesville Makeup Artist
- Dress & Shoes – The Dress Bridal Boutique
- DJ/ Band – Schultz Sound Services
- Getting Ready Venue – Iris Inn
- Wedding and Reception Venue – Hermitage Hill Farm and Stables