Whether you are looking for stylish pieces for yourself or (yay!) for a cold weather honeymoon, be sure to consult our winter fashion trends for advice. You can go full force and incorporate many tips or just pick and choose a few of your favorites. There are so many fun options! We sought out our tips from one of our favorite Lynchburg, Virginia clothing stores, Gladiola Girls. Have fun learning some of the trends!
We love fashion, Lynchburg, and Gladiola, and you may see a recognizable face in these winter fashion trend photos – current Lynchburg mayor Joan Foster. Nicki Ahrens Photography did a photo shoot with Joan and her daughters in the Boonsboro Shopping Center and also in a greenway. So pretty!
Now on to our winter fashion trends!
- Plaid – Whether in your scarf, handbag or shirt, this pattern makes a comeback this year.
- Velvet – This soft fabric does the trick for both a shimmery look and warmth. Test it out with a jacket, shirt or shoes.
- Booties/Boots – These staples never go out of style, so purchase wisely for seasons of use.
- Embroidery – Adding a handmade touch to denim, dresses and more, sewn fine detailing is beautiful.
- Distressed Jeans – Not to be overdone, just the right touch of distressing adds interest to a basic pair of blues.
- Shirtdress – An elongated silhouette, the shirtdress can be worn for both casual and business uses.
- Exaggerated Sleeves – If you crave extra fabric, the place to go is with flowing sleeves on dresses, tops or sweaters.
- Body Flattering Styles – Show off your figure without committing to tight styles, so choose shapes that work with the body you have.
- Conscious Purchases – Your American dollars can do good in other countries. Many businesses are empowering women around the globe with fair trade and friendly purchases.
Such a lovely group of ladies! If you are looking for more fashion inspiration (this time it’s summer!) just check here.