We all know that Pantone sets the tone for the upcoming color schemes, and sometimes I love them and other times I don’t. I am so excited that the Pantone 2018 Color of the Year is a hue of purple. Ultra Violet to be exact. I was hoping that lavender, plum and amethyst would come back in a big way. Yay! We’ve featured these hues on the blog before, so be sure to take a peek at 5 ways to use Ultra Violet – even if it isn’t your favorite color.
Here are creative ways to use Ultra Violet in 2018! Ideas flow clockwise from top right.
- Not a fan of Pantone’s choice for 2018 Color of the Year? Well, why not choose to incorporate it in a subtle way? The rim of a single plate is in a purple hue, which adds in the trend without creating an overpowering situation. See more of this Virginia styled wedding here. Photo: Shelby Dickinson Photography
- Why not commemorate 2018 in a unique way by having a purple gemstone engagement ring? I love this ring, and the fact that it’s in rose gold is even better. Such a great choice! See this full engagement session here. Photo: Ryann Winn Photography
- Love the color but maybe not in a bright way? Take mismatched bridesmaids dresses to a new level by incorporating varying shades of purple. So pretty! Take a peek at more of the hues in this wedding by Demi Mabry Photography here.
- Your cake is a lovely way to add in plum or any shade you adore! These ribbons add a bit of panache to a white cake to allow it to have its own scheme. See this full wedding here. Photo: Melissa Batman Photography
- Of course your wedding flowers are a fabulous way to incorporate Ultra Violet and other purples such as plum and lavender. How beautiful! This wedding appears here on our blog. Photo: Clara Ann Photography
Aren’t those fun ideas? I can’t wait to see what other things 2018 brings besides a fun color.