Well, today is a first on the blog! I have been to Wintergreen, and I don’t live that far away – but I’ve never featured a wedding there. Amazing! So, I’m especially excited about this Virginia ski resort wedding today. How fun!
Here are a few of my favorite things about this Virginia ski resort wedding today!
- The florals are so lovely and so… natural, organic. The textures, shapes and colors are so pretty! Plus, they were done by Pharsalia, one of our favorites.
- The views are SO beautiful. Truly! Ski resorts are full of mountains and scenery, so what a perfect way to utilize them in the off season – a wedding! Just wait until you see the mountains.
- I adore their first look. It’s so sweet, and Craig and Carrie even took the time to give each other gifts during their first look. What a special memory for them!
- There’s a PUPPY!! It’s a bit noncompliant, but that makes it all the cuter. Adorbs!
- I love that Carrie worked with her natural curl. It created such a lovely updo for her wedding day by utilizing the beauty that God gave her.
- It’s fun that her bridesmaids are all in the same color, yet each of their gowns is perfect for their specific body type. So thoughtful!
- Honey is just about my favorite condiment, so I truly appreciate that they used local honey as favors for their guests. Perfect!
Here are some sentiments from Carrie herself about their engagement.
Craig proposed a weekend in December at the the Gardenfest of Lights at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden in Richmond. I was suspicious that he might propose then, but we walked around for like 2 hours and he didn’t say anything, so I figured the ring really wasn’t in yet and he wasn’t going to propose. Then, I was taking a picture and he tells me that he thinks the picture would look better if he was in it. So I said ok. Then he said it would look better if he was kneeling down. At which point, I argued with him that it would look just fine with him standing. But he insisted it would look better if he was kneeling.
So I played along with him and took the picture. Then I said, “Ok now stand up and let me take another one.” So then he just said “Carrie…” in this way that made me take my face out of the camera. And then I realized he was kneeling on one knee with a ring in his hand. And I totally took a picture of him like that, not realizing that he was proposing. I was so surprised, and so surprised that he had actually managed to surprise me. It was great, and he was very proud.
So fun! I love engagement stories. I hope you enjoy their Virginia ski resort wedding today!
- Photographer – Ashley Eiban Photography
- Flowers – Pharsalia
- Venue – Wintergreen Resort
- Officiant Pastor – Louie Andrews
- Ceremony Music – Andrew Gabbert & Terra Voce
- DJ – Brian Thompson
- Cake – Cakes by Rachel
- Favors – Hungry Hill Honey
- Bride and Bridesmaid Dressed – David’s Bridal
- Groom & Groomsmen Menswear – Men’s Wearhouse
- Hair & Makeup – The Spa at Wintergreen
Love aqua hues? Here’s a wedding full of them!