You’re married! Congrats! With being a newlywed, there are a lot of “firsts” in the 365 days after your big day – one of those being your first Christmas. Now it’s time to put your lovely wedding photos to good use and send out good wishes to your friends and family. Check out 8 of our favorite holiday card ideas for newlyweds – after all, Christmas is just 2 months from today, so it’s never too early to start planning.
Before we get started, I did want to mention a few things. These holiday card ideas are customizable in so many ways. Here are a few of the ways below.
- If you have a certain color scheme you are going for, many of these cards offer different color options, especially when it comes to fonts.
- The back of the cards are up to you! Whether you’d like to choose one of their backgrounds and/or add text or photos, the choice is yours.
- I’m a big fan of a flat card, but if you like the traditional foldover card, that is an option.
- You can choose the SIZE of your card. Whether you’d like a postcard, petite or regular size Christmas card, the decision is up to you.
- Also available are envelope liners and return address labels. It’s so fun to have a well coordinated holiday card set!
- As a bonus, you can get FREE recipient addressing on all cards to save time – so needed around the holidays!
- Minted also allows proofing, extra envelope purchases (to cover for handwriting mistakes!)
- Other features include being able to text Minted your photo (amazing!) and having one of their specialists create a card. Their “find it fast” feature also allows you to upload one photo and see it in every holiday card design at once. And, best of all, if you don’t have a photo yet, you can buy your cards now and personalize them later. How great!
Plus, I can personally vouch for Minted’s quality as I’ve used them many times for cards and stationery.
Now on to our holiday card ideas for newlyweds!
Have a horizontal photo you love? This Merry & Married card is so perfect. Simple and elegant, it allows for your whole photo so shine through, and you can customize it with your new last name. There are various back side options (add more images on the back if you’d like!), and you can even add a lovely liner to your envelopes to add more cheer at the holidays! Merry and Married cards, $167 for 100
Are you blissfully in love and feeling blessed? This card featuring a vertical photo may just be the perfect one for you. Personalized with your names and wedding date, feel free to send a cute keepsake around the holidays. This card is also petite in size at 4.25″x6″. Adorable! Blissfully Blessed holiday cards, $150 for 100
Want to add a bit of glitz and glamour into your holiday cards? This crested card offers shiny gold foil, which is sure to make an impact! Believe it or not, you can even customize the color of the foil in several metallic hues. Beautiful! Crest of Pines holiday cards, $205 for 100
It’s your first Christmas, so proclaim it far and wide! This cutie pie invitation features sprigs of holly, and – like many other designs – you can even add rounded corners to personalize this style even further. How adorable! There’s even an option to make this design into a postcard… brilliant! Our First Married Christmas holiday cards, $167 for 100
We are halfway through! Now on to more holiday card ideas for newlyweds.
Here’s another card that features a full horizontal image to show the recipients that you are indeed married and merry. I also adore the personalizable saying “warm wishes from the Mr. and Mrs.” (which you can change if that isn’t your style). What a sweet card, and I adore it with the red holly backing, which can also be switched out for photos. Minted has so many personalization options!! Married and Merry Christmas cards, $167 for 100
These cards are high impact and offer wishes of holiday love to those who receive it. Add in your names and the year, and this style is easy as pie to personalize for your favorite horizontal wedding photo. Also available are wrap around address labels that give a lovely first impression, and you can order them with any cards! Filled with Love cards, $167 for 100
Do you love the mountains? These adorable pine sprig Christmas cards are just too cute! If you ventured into nature for photographs, they are even more perfect. Your photo and your new last name take center stage in this lovely card. So cute! Married Christmas Sprig holiday cards, $167 for 100
If you’re planning your cards a tad late (we’ve all been there some years!), or if the holidays just aren’t your thing, dare to be different and send out a card to welcome in the New Year. This is a great way to incorporate your engagement or honeymoon photos if you want to use those. Plus, these come in all sorts of fun colors and background styles. Adorable! I love how they feature three photos. Cheers! New Year cards, $178 for 100
Aren’t those fab holiday card ideas for newlyweds? I’m so ready for getting my cards in order. Oh, and if you are looking for fun holiday event inspiration, check out a fun bridesmaid cookie exchange here!