When we think of romantic cities, Paris often comes to mind first, but I’m here to convince you that there are other cities for your European honeymoon that are equally as love inducing. How do I know? Well, I’ve been to them all! From history to art, these cities are full of things to do for a variety of tastes, and many may even already be on your travel bucket list!
We partner with isango! to bring you great travel ideas, so affiliate links are included, which don’t cost a penny more but help to support our blogging efforts.
Have fun perusing our European honeymoon ideas! Photos flow from left to right as you would read (and don’t include the first photo!).
- London, England Ah! I have to say hands down this is my favorite city. Being fairly well traveled, I’ve seen a good bit of the world, but London stands out for so many reasons! Whether you are obsessed with royalty, want to shop the Portobello Road market (so fun!), ooh and ahh over history, love architecture or merely want some genuine fish and chips, this city is for you! With an active river and beautiful buildings, this city has plenty to do. I love the Tower of London because the history runs so deep, yet this city also has modernity in the forms of art, culture and fashion. Be assured that there will be plenty to do on your European honeymoon in this city! Check out where to stay and play along with things to do in this great city here!
- Pisa, Italy – Yes, there is a leaning tower, so why not go? Whether Pisa is your final destination or you make a day trip from Florence, this city is filled with charm, history and yes, tourists. But go with a hearty attitude and join in the fun. Here are some creative photo op ideas here. Want to head to Pisa? Click here to find out more!
- Athens, Greece – Not many places say “ancient” like Greece – ok, maybe Rome, but we’ll get there in a minute! From lovely shopping areas (one of my favorite necklaces came from a trip to Athens with my husband) to the Parthenon, this city never lacks for things to do. Be sure to soak in some Grecian food while you’re there – the Greek salad isn’t like it is in the US, and the food overall is a wonderful experience all throughout Greece. Find out about exploring ancient Athens here.
- Venice, Italy – Ok, you will find that Italy made the list several times, but why not? The whole country is full of diverse beauty. I also can’t think of a better way to spend your European honeymoon other than a romantic gondola ride. Lucky you! My gondola ride was at the age of 14 with my parents, but hey – I can’t complain! Experiencing Venice was definitely a highlight for me, and many day trips can be taken outside of the city, which is a plus. I’ll bet you didn’t realize Venice had so many options! Just see here.
- Rome, Italy – Yes, yes, I know. But have I convinced you to go to Italy yet? Rome is full of food, culture, and history such as the Roman Forums and the very famous Colosseum. Let’s see – there is also The Vatican, The Sistine Chapel and nearby Pompeii (so interesting!). I’d say that this just may be a must see. What an experience for your European honeymoon for sure! Find out all there is to do in Rome and beyond here.
Are you inspired to take a European honeymoon yet? Click here to see more honeymoon ideas!