I am SO excited to show you our Smitten with Kittens styled photo shoot today! It features a bride getting ready the morning of her wedding, and of course includes… her adorable kittens. How purrfect! I (Jennifer, owner of Hill City Bride) have fostered 19 cats this summer (and counting as we currently have a pregnant momma cat), and so we decided to take advantage of the cuteness and showcase on philanthropy and weddings a bit. We had a wonderful day together, and I hope you enjoy the results. Too cute!
Referred to as “America’s Sweetheart” and “the girl with the curls,” the silent film star Mary Pickford was known for her theatrics along with her heart, which included a love for animals. In fact, a 1916 photo portrays the Academy Award winning actress with a lovely kitten perched upon her shoulder. Drawing inspiration from Mary, this 1920s bride is getting ready to begin her meowage, including play with her beloved (and active) brood of kittens.
From writing a sweet note to her love to sipping a flavorful Meowmosa, she is able to relax and reflect while savoring each moment before her big day begins. Not to be outdone, the note received from her groom was accompanied by a lovely bouquet of blush and pink. With purrfectly curled hair, a stunning gown and just the right amount of lip gloss, this bride-to-be was ready to say “I mew” with her classic and timeless look.
And because we just can never get enough kittens, here are some more of the cuties!
And, of course, our adorable Smitten with Kittens video. See the cuteness in action. So fun!
Lynchburg, Virginia Wedding Vendors:
- Creative Director – clutch & Hill City Bride
- Planning & Coordination – A Little Party Events
- Photography – K. Jugar Photography
- Flowers – The Arrangement Company
- Desserts – Cakeview
- Hair & Make Up – Body Works Day Spa & Salon
- Rentals – Happily Ever After Event Rentals
- Bridal Gown – Celebration Bridal
- Paper Suite – Lane Paper Works
- Getting Ready Attire – Gladiola Girls (knit shawl), Target (loungewear)
- Jewelry – L. Oppleman
- Venue – LaHart Properties
- Videography – White Flair Productions
- Small Decor Items – it’s FOUND vintage and Target
- Ring Box – The Mrs. Box
- Signature Cocktail – A Little Party Events with Crisp
- Heels – Betsey Johnson
- Model – Andi
- Kittens – Fili, Flynn, Fawn, Francie and Fiona via Lynchburg Humane Society (foster kittens who were all happily adopted)
P.S. We have an oldie but goodie based on the Three Little Kittens if you want to take a peek here!