Whether you choose to get together with your bridesmaids the day of the wedding or beforehand to celebrate, it’s nice to have an event to honor those ladies that hold a special place in our heart. A summer coastal bridesmaid luncheon is the perfect way to do so!
Take a peek at our tips on how to create your own coastal bridesmaid luncheon.
- Gather coastal elements for your own event. Scour thrift stores and vintage haunts for truly unique elements. Take note of the adorable mermaid figurine and the mermaid salt spoon. Adorable! Seashore themed new elements, such as the seahorse double bowl and glass serving tray are subtle yet high impact. Take special note of the white octopus figurine, and seashells, which are free from the ocean if you are willing to do some collecting. A silver crab bowl and the centerpiece of faux coral in aqua add a bit of panache to the event.
- Here plates made of melamine (I didn’t even realize melamine came in such lovely patterns!) are paired with aqua plates and navy blue napkins to create an ocean vibe.
- Use sisal and naturally woven pieces such as the placemats and runner as a base to create a beachy feel for a coastal bridesmaid luncheon.
- Fresh flowers from a local farm add in extra pops of color – and don’t you just love the coconut? So cute!
- Wondering what to serve? Our event had freshly cooked burger sliders topped with lettuce, crumbly cheese and avocado. Fresh watermelon and a salad of butter lettuce are a healthy choice, and a selection of cheeses with water crackers add in a bit of crunch.
- The individually infused water tastes refreshing yet also looks lovely with a slice of lime nestled in the bottom of a stemless wine glass (secret: it’s a plastic glass).
Love these ideas? Then take a peek and create your own coastal bridesmaid luncheon. Your ladies will feel special and refreshed as they take a mini trip to the seaside.
- Styling, Food, Concept and Vintage Decor Items – Jaclyn Meadows, writer for clutch magazine
- Photography – Melissa Batman Photography
- Venue – clutch and Hill City Bride headquarters
- Decor Items – Pier 1 Imports
- Flowers – Irvington Spring Farm arranged in vintage containers from it’s FOUND vintage
Looking for more bridesmaid luncheon inspiration? Check here for a fun cookie exchange idea!