Ah! This wedding has such a lovely color palette, and there’s a great reason. Aaron and Hollis were married on the day of the Kentucky Derby (which is happening this weekend!), so they decided to give nods to the event. The most darling ring bearer was her dog, adorned appropriately with his own tuxedo, and a fun southern dinner of shrimp and grits, as well as sweet potatoes with all the fun toppings, was served;
Here are some fun ideas for your own Kentucky Derby wedding:
- Their décor was complete with derby cups.
- Red and dark pink roses are used at the derby, which were incorporated into their wedding florals (which are also pantone inspired).
- The table numbers framed with horses.
- A custom ice sculpture of a horse was placed in the buffet area.
- Bright spring colors, tiffany blue dresses, and the groom and groomsmen were custom styled in suits with colorful bowties.
- Guests wore hats and traditional derby attire.
- They had a fun photo booth complete with derby hats to dress in.
- Chair décor down the aisle even included horse shoes.
- The bride started down the aisle to the traditional bugle start of the derby (how fun is that?).
- After the family pictures were finished the bride changed into a second dress for the reception and the derby was live streamed for all the guests to watch.
Be sure to take note of all of the fun details and be inspired for your own Kentucky Derby party. So fun – enjoy!
- Photography – Visions by Heather
- Venue – West Manor Estate
- Reception Décor – Love Is In The Air (table arrangements, table number signs)
- Wedding Party Flowers – Love Is In The Air
- Groom, Groomsmen – personal stylist
- Bride – Becky’s Bridal
- Bridesmaids – Maya Couture
- Cake – Love in in the Air
- Hair – Your Look Salon
- Makeup – Laci Fore
- Photo booth – Grinnin’ Booth