It’s definitely safe to say that I love Lynchburg weddings. They are so beautiful and diverse as there is such a variety of venues in the area, and one of my favorites is The Aviary (sidebar – I actually hosted my husband’s 25th surprise birthday party there). Shoshana and Erik had so many fun DIY wedding elements, and I adore the vintage feel and budget friendly ideas. Here are some of my favorite parts!
- What a quintessential Lynchburg event! Again, The Aviary is one of my favorites due to its value and quaintness, but also a lovely church ceremony and a stop by Riverside Park showcase so much of some of the beautiful parts of our city.
- The florals – ahhhh!!! Despite this being a DIY wedding, this couple chose to splurge on lovely floral design. From bouquets to table decor, the styling is impeccable. The centerpieces of florals with that “just picked” feel are so soft and welcoming.
- Color palettes can be such a tough choice, but I adore the softness of lavender and pink with slight yellow accents. It’s beautiful and refreshing to see.
- I adore all things vintage, and it’s so sweet that Shoshana incorporated a vintage hankie to conceal a thank you gift. Other vintage touches include the signage for the desserts made from antique spools and paper with a feel of yesteryear. Gorgeous and creative!
- Last, but certainly not least – be sure to take note of the floral backdrop. Shoshana made this focal piece herself, and it’s constructed out of large paper flowers. So stunning – what a showstopper! Now she makes paper flower walls and even rents out the one she made. How fun!
Ok, without further due, I hope you enjoy your trip to Lynchburg, Virginia for this sweet DIY wedding today!
- Photography – Kate Coogan Art & Image
- Ceremony Venue – Holy Cross Church
- Reception Venue – The Aviary
- Floral Design – The Arrangement Company
- Bridal Party Photos – Riverside Park
- Hair – Hair Designs by Jessica
- Makeup – Makeup by Ashley
- Gown – Church Street Bridal
- Alterations – The Gilded Thimble
- Bridesmaids’ Dresses – mismatched from various sources
- Groom & Groomsmen Attire – Ethereal Brides
- Flower Wall – Rose Tree Paper