If the idea of a woodland wedding appeals to you – especially if you love DIY or are on a budget – then this DIY forest wedding near Lynchburg is here to inspire! It’s filled with lovely, handmade elements that Kevin and Amanda had woven throughout their day. Passionate about creating and wanting a unique, financially friendly affair, this couple had a lovely day full of whimsy and ideas.
- Amanda made her own wedding invitations (made 2 months before the wedding) and dress (sewn three weeks before the wedding).
- Flowers were purchased and arranged by the bride and her maids the day before.
- The bridesmaids were given a color palette and could either chose a solid color from the hues or pick a floral patterned dress that included the color scheme.
- The bride and bridemaids had a bachelorette party at Rivermont Makery to craft the wedding day headbands.
Be sure to check out the vendor credits for more ways that this couple’s family and friends pitched in for their big day.
- Bridal Gown, Stationery, Boutonnieres – Bride
- Photographer – Colin Mukri
- Hair – Angie McGouldrick (friend of bride)
- Makeup – Fabine Edma (friend of bride)
- Hairpieces – DIY at Rivermont Makery
- Florals – made by Bride and Bridesmaids (flowers from Kroger)
- Groomswear – Asos
- Catering – Joyce Yoder (aunt of groom)
- Music Playlist – Nathan and Lindsey Isidro (brother and sister-in-law of the bride)
- Groom’s attire: Asos
- Wedding Venue: Backyard (bride’s parents)
- Portrait Venue – The Wisecarver Farm
- Officiant – Todd Foster
- Videographer – Josh Etheridge