The rehearsal dinner is a fun time for an intimate gathering with family and friends, and in this case it’s an outdoor, tented barbecue! Christian and Jami’s event had a true southern flair, and here are some tips for your own rehearsal dinner BBQ. (PS. Check out the magazine feature here.)
Incorporate fun food items of the traditional south. Our faves? Check out the list below.
- Sweet Tea
- Savory Cheesecake (with the twist of Eastern Blue Crab!)
- Pulled Pork
- Mac & Cheese
- Spoon Bread
- Local Wine
Other Elements We Adore
- Mint Juleps were passed on silver trays as the guests arrived.
- Water in elegantly etched bottles was placed at each table.
- Those napkins? The guests were able to take them home as a keepsake.
- The “crab” cake is an adorable element!
- As far as location goes, the couple rented an estate they found via Airbnb. Brilliant!
- Galvanized trays, bowls and surfaces were utilized throughout.
- Planner – A Little Party Events
- Photographer – Hildebrandt Photography
- Catering and Decor – Farmbasket
- Venue – Oak Lawn (private)
- Cake – Kissed Cupcakes
- Rentals – Lynchburg True Value