This couple’s James River wedding story actually starts at their alma mater, Clemson University. At college, Melissa became a proud member of the mellophone section in marching band. She spent a great deal of time with her fellow mellophone players, including the section leader, Drew, which would eventually become the man she would pledge her life to on a warm July day. How fun! Here are a few things that we adore about their day.
- I adore that this is a church wedding – there is just something special about chapel-esque nuptials that makes a wedding day so sweet.
- Melissa opted for scoop necked tanks on the wedding day for herself and her bridesmaids. They look loose and comfortable for a hot day, plus the wider neck allows for easy removal to keep hair and makeup mess free.
- The soft colors of mint, white, light gray and pink make for such a refreshing combination. They look so lovely together!
- Melissa’s look is so lovely – her wedding updo along with her earrings, veil and strapless wedding gown all create a beautiful bridal look.
- Ha! Be sure to notice the groomsmen’s socks. Superheros unite! So fun.
- Bubbles are always a good choice for a sendoff, which this couple decided to do in between the wedding and ceremony. They are easy on the environment and also make for fun wedding photos! They chose a sparkler exit for their final nighttime exit after the reception.
- I love it when a wedding has a menu! I am all for eating, and it’s fun to see what exactly you are getting – plus, a wedding menu adds a bit of panache to the reception tables.
Well, I think it’s time for you to see this beautiful James River wedding. Enjoy!
- Photographer – Chelsea Anderson Photography
- Band – Bachelor Boys Band
- Cake Designer – Becki Gibbs
- Ceremony Venue – Chestnut Memorial United Methodist Church
- Bridesmaid Dresses – Bill Levkoff
- Groomsman Attire – Combatant Gentlemen
- Bridesmaid Store – GaBree’s Boutique
- Reception Venue – James River Country Club
- Apparel – Lake Norman Bridal
- Dress Designer – Maggie Sottero
- Floral Designer – Sheri Norcini