We Virginians are so fortunate to have so many lovely wedding venues around. From downtown high rises to picturesque farms, the options are endless, and although it’s a “new” venue, Edloe Glades is full of history and beauty. With a gorgeous manor house, a lush landscape and even a pond (so great!), it’s the location that photographer Melissa Batman chose for a styled shoot. So lovely! Here are a few ideas from this rose gold wedding shoot that stand out to me:
- The signature drink. I LOVE, love, love the idea of having a signature drink for a wedding. Isn’t it great? The “French Kiss” was the name of this creation. If you don’t want to have an open bar (expensive!), having a creatively styled drink for the evening is a perfect way to go. Don’t want alcohol? A non-alcoholic signature drink would work fine, too – or have the non-alcoholic version available for those who choose that option or for those under 21.
- What a fun sign! Repurposing a long forgotten mirror (that was probably broken) into a chalkboard is so fun – no matter how you choose to incorporate it into your Virginia wedding.
- Black chairs are a nice alternative to white, and the addition of mercury glass as flower vases is lovely.
- The food looks DELICIOUS, and the cake is simple yet stunning. And, yes, there are edible sequins out there – who knew?
- This couple is just the cutest! The “groom” is part Native American and also happens to be the photographer’s son. So fun!
Well, there’s enough inspiration here to keep you busy for a while, and if you want a rose gold wedding you will find lots of fun ideas. Enjoy!
- Photographer – Melissa Batman Photography
- Bakery – Geri’s Confections
- Invitation Designer – RS Exclusive
- Food, Drinks, Hand Lettering, Flowers, Design and Decor – Suzy Q, etc.
- Event Venue – Edloe Glades
- Dress and Tux – Ethereal Brides
- Hair and Makeup – Michelle and Nicole Hair and Makeup Design
- Rings – Tivani and Brandline