Who says a wedding needs to be at a church or wedding venue – or on land for that matter? Beau and Mariah are avid boaters, so they chose a sailboat as their wedding spot. So beautiful!
Even though it was rainy and windy on their day, that didn’t dampen their spirits – or the photos. Their ceremony took place overlooking the Elizabeth River in Downtown Norfolk, and their day had a plethora of DIY touches as you will soon see in today’s sailboat wedding.
My favorite touches:
- Of course, I adore the water, so the location is just lovely! Shots of being on the sailboat coupled with the marina lined with boats make for unique photographs that this couple will cherish forever.
- Ah! Who doesn’t love nautical flags? I adore how bright and colorful they are here and there.
- Along with the flags are other waterside touches such as shells, anchors and the like. The boutonnieres even included sea stars!
- A mini boat filled with drinks? Why not? So cute.
- I like the thinner layers for the naked cake – it adds a fun element of interest along with the fresh berries.
Their reception included a party at the Norfolk Rebel Marina. As Bluegrass music lovers, they invited More Perfect Jones Bluegrass Band and rocked the night away. Beau is a great musician and joined along playing some great music for the guests. How fun!
I hope you enjoy this sailboat wedding today!