This is such a fun, styled shoot. I love it for a few reasons. First of all, there are so many local vendors involved in making it a fun event. The more, the merrier! Second, I adore the color, color, color everywhere. So fun! And last (but certainly not a comprehensive list), there are lots of fun DIY details – handmade light fixtures, painted chairs and candlesticks, plantable paper favors and the amazing food.
Here is a word from the coordinator and photographer, CYork Photography about her thoughts on the shoot itself.
Art teacher by weekday and photographer by weekend, I am in love with all things colorful and all things wedding. I was first inspired to do this shoot when I was planning my own wedding and looking through bridesmaid dresses. I just remember thinking, ‘Why can’t I just use them all?’ And that’s when I realized, wait, I totally CAN use all these amazing colors.
And so with the help of some very talented vendors and designers who I met on The Rising Tide, a society of creatives who put ‘community over competition’, we transformed my colorful dreams into a vibrant, bold, fun reality. We did LOTS of personalizing and DIY with this shoot, which I think will appeal to many brides. We also did lots of upcycling like in the chairs, candlesticks and flatware. The favor was a DIY seed bomb. The napkins were a hand-dipped DIY. Even the ribbon chandeliers were a DIY sent from a Rising Tide member all the way in Tennessee.
I love how bold and fearless this shoot became. The combination of the organic bright space and the geometric designs and accents weirdly came together to create something unique and beautiful. If this shoot were a bird it would be an island parrot in a tree full of white wedding doves. And I think that this technicolor shoot will find some brides of the same colorful feather. Enjoy!
- Creative Direction & Photography – CYork Photography
- Coordination/Styling – A Little Party Events
- Balloon/Confetti/Tassel Garlands – Studio Pep
- Cake – Commonwealth Cake Company
- Calligraphy – Suzy Q Etc.
- Catering/Macarons – Pumpernickel Pickle
- Coasters – 622 Press
- Confetti – FestiveFetti
- Dipped Napkins/Upcycled Chairs and Candlesticks – A Little Party Events
- Florals – Fleur De Lis Florist
- Gown – Church Street Bridal
- Hair and MUA – The Outer You Salon of Farmville
- Jewelry – L. Oppleman
- Rentals – Pumpernickel Pickle, Crimson Magpie, Farmbasket
- Lace Clutch – Juniper & Lace
- Ribbon Chandeliers – Kennedy Occasions
- Seed Bomb Favors – Hill City Bride
- Stationery – Icandothat Design