Wow! When I say colorful, I mean colorful – and joyful and stunning. This Yorktown wedding is all of the above and more. Emotion is just woven all throughout this event with dabbed tears, smiles and looks of love. So sweet!
I have to be completely honest and tell you that the calla lily is not my favorite flower – at all. But I’ve never seen dark ones, and they add such dimension and depth to Tanisha’s bouquet of roses, orchids and ivy. Stunning! The pinks and reds in this event blend so perfectly together.
Also, you will see a dirty bottle of bourbon. Lest you wonder why, let me tell you about this quirky Southern tradition. Supposedly if you bury a bottle of bourbon – upside down, exactly one month prior, on the particular spot the couple is saying their nuptials – it will not rain on the wedding day. I’m not sure if that works, but it seems to have been the perfect thing for Tanisha and Kermit. They had a lovely, sun filled event. Gorgeous!
Last, but not least, this wedding takes place in a location that is like a dream… which also happens to be Tanisha’s family home (on the water, no less!). Oh to get married where you grew up – so sentimental. I hope that you enjoy this colorful, Yorktown wedding today – complete with a horse drawn carriage and Seines, the chocolate lab. So fun!
- Cake – Incredible Edibles
- Catering – Chef by Design and Whole Foods
- DJ – Dr. Rick Geez
- Event Planner – Kelsey Anne Events
- Floral Design – Carol Phillips and Jeff’s Flowers
- Gown – Elegance by Roya
- Hair and Makeup Artistry – Behind the Veil Studio
- Invitations – The Original Champions of Design
- Linens – Waterford Event Rentals
- Men’s Attire – Men’s Wearhouse
- Musician – Joshua Walker
- Rentals – Hampton Roads Event Rentals
- Transportation – Arrivals in Elegance
- Photography – Angie McPherson Photography
- Venue – bride’s parents’ home