Well, do we have something SUPER exciting for you today. It’s a great idea no matter the season, but oh what fun it is to even think about getting your attendants together for a holiday cookie exchange bridesmaid luncheon? Doesn’t that sound super fab? I’m excited just thinking about it, and I think this posting is so multi purpose. It’s a wonderful idea as a gathering for friends during the holidays (not necessarily bridesmaids), or this can be done for bridesmaids at any time of the year. I love it!
Plus, these ladies got dressed up and had their hair and makeup done for the *styled* event, so of course everything is top notch… the clothes, the looks, the presents, the decor, the cookies. I just can’t wait for you to peruse and gain ideas. And do be sure to look at the looks on each girl – there is a ton of makeup and updo (and downdo!) inspiration here. Woo hoo! Also, jump to the end for more idea and a roll credits listing of vendors. Enjoy!
Wasn’t that lovely? Now that you have seen the cookie exchange, here are some fun ideas from the shoot via Maribel of EightTreeStreet Floral Design:
The cute petite centerpieces were designed in gold mason jars (available at craft stores). Not only do they make great decorations for the tablescape and the cookie table, but your bridesmaids can take them home as a gift after the luncheon. You can include greenery, flowers, or glittery twigs for added decor.
You can recycle and reuse all those cuttings from Christmas trees, and fill an urn or compote with different evergreens to design your very own Christmas arrangements. They make fabulous complements for trees if you are hosting your luncheon outdoors or at a friend’s house. Place gifts underneath, and they make the space look festive. Include pine cones and ilex berries if you would like a more wintery look.
For gift ideas, we filled a cute box with holiday cheer and useful items for our bridesmaids: thank you cards, gift tags, soft drinks, cookie cutters, and other related themes.
- This is also a great opportunity to give your bridesmaids their gifts for participating in your wedding… it’s much more intimate than at your rehearsal dinner.
Beautiful! Ok, thank you to the many vendors that participated below:
- Blue Goblets – The Pioneer Woman
- Brush Trees, Holiday Decor and Gold Mason Jars – JoAnn
- Calligraphy – Allison Dee Calligraphy
- Cookies and Desserts – Wegman’s
- Designer Wrapping Paper – Fig 2 Design
- Dresses – Charlotte Russe
- Festive-Fetti and Gift Box Details – Brenda’s Wedding Blog
- Flowers, Cookie Exchange Styling and Details – EightTreeStreet
- Gift Boxes – Target
- Hair and Makeup – Bobby Pins and Blush
- Linens – CVLinens
- Photography – Debbie Ringle Photography
- Stationery Design – Allison Barnhill Design
- Venue – Private Horse Farm in Fredericksburg, VA