On your wedding day you want everyone to be there. Friends and family, young and old, it’s such a special day that everyone should be there to celebrate! So much time goes into planning everything… from favors to decor, most of what is decided is geared towards adults, but what about the kids? Creating a special area for them during the reception allows for the children to keep occupied, which can ease of mind for the parents, and it will overall make everyone at your event happy no matter their age. Take a peek at these ideas from a children’s table that was styled just for you to put your thinking cap on for your own event.
Deb from Funny Face Photography told us a little bit about the shoot itself:
Everything in this shoot was designed to appeal to kids. The colors were very bright, and pretty much everything on the table the kids could play with. There was a special wedding coloring book, bubbles, stickers, fun glasses and masks that the kids could decorate as well as treats and candy. Pretty much everything on the table the kids could play with or eat, and we just tried to make it fun and engaging for them. Skittles and Starbursts were used as decor and for eating, and the colors worked perfectly with our theme! The candies along with bright flowers, confetti and colorful ribbon was also used to add a festive feel.
Take a peek at this lovely idea fest for your youngest guests…
Wasn’t that adorable? Now that you have some ideas flowing, here is a list of some simple things you can do at your own reception:
- Create a space on its own just for the kids. Don’t worry about adhering to your wedding theme, but make sure that the area is bright and happy!
- Use kid-friendly furniture that is just their size.
- The children are guests, too, so keep fun “adult” elements like table numbers, place settings and flowers so the kids feel grown up, too.
- Including a fun “to do” game of I Spy gets the kids looking around and checking things off of their list during the event. Here the game was laid in waiting at each place setting.
- Adults love candy buffets, and it’s safe to say that children will, too!
- Kid-sized favors (here they used drink mixes) make a fun take-home gift, which will allow them to further celebrate the wedding at home as a fun reminder.
- Goofy get-ups like glasses and such can make for a fun time… especially if paired with a pint sized photo booth.
- The idea of a coloring book centered on the wedding is such a fun idea! It also makes for a fun keepsake and activity all in one.
- Crafts are always a great hit for the kids. Just be sure to enlist the help of someone either hired or a teen niece or nephew to help watch the children.