Yay! I am SO excited about announcing a big giveaway that we have going on right now, and you can enter – that is if you are local to Lynchburg. One lucky couple will win a romantic Valentine’s dinner from Cater This Events! And to add to it, bloom by Doyle’s will add beauty to your table with an arrangement. To top it off, you and your sweetie will win a box of truffles from Altus Chocolate (formerly Cao Artisan Chocolates). This is going to be SO very fun!
How to enter? Well, for one, you can comment here for a bonus entry, but the real action is happening on our Facebook page here. I can’t wait to see who wins our Valentine’s Date Giveaway. For all the rules, head to our Facebook page. So fun!
photo: April B Photography
I don’t know about you, but I am loving these tidbits. When I think of John Lennon, I think about music, love and tragedy. Pictures of him and Yoko Ono flash through my mind – even though I was too young to really remember much about him. I hope you enjoy this John Lennon quote today!
” A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.” ~ John Lennon
photo: Solas Photography
photos: Kelsey & Nate
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and sometimes it’s easy to get in a rut and do the same old thing. Right? Well, I thought why not ask for ideas from people who are in the business of love – wedding vendors. I asked and they responded – with the perfect mix of date night suggestions, gift ideas and advice on a lasting love. Take a peek, and enjoy these Valentine’s Day ideas!
Date Night Inspiration
- Avoid the restaurant crowds, and plan an indoor picnic. Hire a babysitter to entertain the kids, and enjoy one-on-one time in your own home. ~ Heather of Living the Small Moments
- If you wrote your own vows to one another, pull them back out and read them again. Remind yourselves of why you love one another, what brought you together, what you’ve gone through over the years, and reflect on your future together. You can do that over a fancy dinner in a nice restaurant or pizza and beer on your living room sofa. Just get back to the basics and tune out the “stuff” that builds up over time. ~ April of April B Photography
- Set the stage for yourself and your special someone with a charmingly intimate Valentine’s dinner for two. From seared scallops to irresistible sweet indulgences. Personal chef services, romantic props and vintage finds can help set your mood for the night. ~ Susan of Suzy Q
- Cook together. Wearing nothing but aprons. ~ Marissa of Bella Muse Photography
- Schedule a photo session. Getting dressed up and standing in gorgeous locations with your love can double as a date. Afterwards, go out on the town while you’re all dressed up. ~ Kelsey of Kelsey & Nate
Keep it simple! Sometimes there’s too much pressure on the designated “day of love” to create the perfect date- forget about that! Plan to do the classic things you both enjoy – a movie, cocktails, good food – make it about the time you focus on each other instead of stressing over expectations or expensive details. ~ Chantay of In Your Face Makeup Art
photo: Andrea Caresse Lewis Photography & Design
Gift Ideas for Your Valentine
- True love always protects, always trusts, always surprises. Do something different for your love this Valentine’s Day, and surprise them with a scavenger hunt! Buy a bundle of roses (or their favorite flower) and leave a few with a note in different places to lead them where you are. To step it up a notch, you could buy a nice dress or button down shirt for them to wear (leave it with the first group of flowers and note) so they have something nice and new to wear to your date. You could always lead your girlfriend/wife to me for makeup before your date too! ~ Ashley of Makeup by Ashley
- Finding a gift for a man can be difficult. I find it best to keep it simple. Make his favorite dessert – you can add hearts to make it festive. Cook him a steak dinner – I don’t know many men that don’t like a good steak. If he is a beer drinker, you can buy personalized beer labels, or you can get liquor samples and make him a sampler bouquet. I think what really matters is the thought and spending time together. Quality time beats out a gift any day!! ~Alison of Alison Creasy Photography
- From a guy’s perspective – show her your romantic side! Get one dozen white roses and on each stem attach a note for a future date — to do something that she would enjoy! ~ Derek of Derek Fowler Photography
- Surprise your man with the gift of a lifetime: elegant, tasteful, whimsical boudoir photography. ~ Kristin of Kristin Dunker Photography
- Stereotypes exist for a reason. Ladies, you can’t go wrong with the basics: good food, sports, lingerie. Guys, ladies just like to know you’re listening. Whether its flowers, gifts or just snuggling up, show her you mean it by really paying attention to what she wants. ~ Allegra of Allegra’s Studio
photo: Kelsey & Nate
Advice on Love
- Love is more than an emotion, it is also a choice. Always remember what brought you two together and cherish the little moments in life that make you smile and think, “Wow, I’m so glad I have you!” ~ Andrea of Andrea Caresse Lewis Photography & Design
- 1. Always uplift your spouse around other people. Words matter and negative ones are damaging. 2. You said YES to him, so invest in what you chose. 3. Compliment them 1 time everyday. 4. Read one marriage book a year. The encouragement to stay strong is worth it. ~ Holly of Holly Ann Photography
- Take time to figure out your partner’s love language. You may go gaga over new jewelry or the latest piece of tech, but your significant other might feel most loved with an act of service like coming home to a clean house and laundry done or words of affirmation in the form of a love letter. Be sure to identify your partner’s love language early in your relationship so that your actions shout love instead of just whispering. ~ Danielle of Sorella Farms
- Unplug. Turn off your phones and shut your computer. Being intentional and fully present speaks volumes. ~ Kelsey of Kelsey & Nate
Wow! I love all of the sage advice and fun ideas. No matter what you do on or for Valentine’s Day, remember that love is all year round – I know you know that, but sometimes a reminder is good. Here’s to a fun filled Valentine’s Day!
I’ve been watching a lot of old movies lately, and Ingrid Bergman certainly was a star in her day. She also offers such truth, and it’s true. A kiss with your special someone can take your breath away. Enjoy this Ingrid Bergman quote today!
A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous. ~ Ingrid Bergman
« Older Posts