Today I am totally thinking pink! It’s such a lovely, timeless color – it perfectly embodies the sweetness and love of a wedding. Beautiful! It gives this Williamsburg, Virginia wedding such a soft, garden feel.
For Matt and Carrie, the campus of William and Mary seemed the obvious choice for their special day – after all, it’s where they met in 2009 when Matt was a senior and Carrie was a junior. Friends set them up to attend a sorority event together, and they immediately hit it off – great job, friends! They moved to Los Angeles in 2013, and in the fall of 2014 Carrie returned for homecoming – alone, she thought. When she arrived on campus Matt surprised her and proposed to her near the Wren building. Family and friends were present, which made the proposal that much sweeter.
Here’s what I love about this wedding:
- The bridesmaids chose their own dresses, which allowed them to show off their personalities. So fun!
- Carrie’s father not only walked her down the aisle, but he performed the ceremony. And Carrie’s parents are both alumni of William and Mary and met at the college, too. It’s fun to have so much family history in one place!
- Charlie, the dog, was the “flower girl” and wearing roses for this wedding. How adorable.
- Matt and Carrie were married on the steps in the Sunken Garden – they were the first couple to choose that location, but I have a feeling that many others will follow suit.
- The multiple, fun frosted cakes at the reception are both classic and interestingly beautiful.
- Gold accents – it seems like silver was en vogue for so long, and gold took a back seat. It makes me so happy to see it making such a huge comeback.
Without further due, I hope you enjoy this gorgeous Williamsburg wedding!
- Photographer: Ashley Glasco Photography
- Makeup Artist: BRIDEface Richmond
- Cake Designer: Carrot Tree Kitchens
- Cinema and Video: Delta Studio Productions
- DJ: Hey DJ
- Floral Designer: Morrison’s Flowers and Gifts
- Invitation Designer: Parlett’s Paper Expressions
- Hair Stylist: Salon Vivace
- Other Location: The College of William and Mary
- Dress Store: White Swan Bridal
- Caterer: William and Mary Catering